1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Wideout, Help Please

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by nps1, Dec 1, 2007.

1. nps1

nps1 Junior Member
    from Syr

After half hour of perfect use, plow slowly died, now solenoid is constantly clicking untill power is unpluged. Replaced solenoid, same thing. Put jumper box to motor seamed to run motor and turn the pump? Any help would be appreciated.

2. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Not too much experience with the Wideout itself but it sounds like to me that the controller has issues.

The solenoid shouldn't be doing anything unless the controller is tellin git to...got a buddy with one you can try and narrow it down?

3. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

There's a guy on here by the name of B&B who is very knowledgeable and probably has a diagnosis for what is wrong.

4. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Need more info on the situation but it sounds like what we were experiencing with the XLS's . Controller heats up and the plow starts to act strange including solenoid staying on.

Check the plow ground cable also as a bad ground will cause the solenoid to hang up.

Jerre

PM me with your phone # or call for more info. 814-881-4093

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Look's like Jerre's got it taken care of blade..:salute:

Jerre, do you thing DD is gonna covert the controllers over to water a cooled setup to combat the "hot hand" problems that guys are already experienceing? :D

6. Jerre Heyer

LOL, don't know about water cooled but I know for a fact that It is being worked on.

Seriously, Call me or PM me with your # as I've got a list of questions for you and need to find out how close your dealer is to you for change out of parts. They can be overnighted if necessary.

Jerre

7. nickPSD

nickPSD Member

What are they trying to do differently with the controler Jerre? I used mine for about 6 hours straight and it never got "hot". I could tell it was warm, but never did I think it was hot. :dizzy:

8. Jerre Heyer

Part of the controls are showing the problem. It's not all across the board at this time. They want to get the control and plow box back to the factory for testing.

Jerre