1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new wide out

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ricothunder, Jan 15, 2011.

1. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

hey guys just bought a wideout loven it. wondeing how well the cuting edge lasts especially the wings with the rubber cutting edge. and any of you put shoes on the plow or did you guys leave it. any info will be good thanks

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have an XLS and I upgraded my wings edges to Jerres Polar Edges. 40 or so hours of run time on them and no wear at all. They are not cheap, but I have heard of other guys buring through the factory wing edges pretty quick.

3. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

is it worth the extra money?

4. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

what kind of edge is that steel ???? and are you rund shoes too

5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have no wear on these edges and I have ran them for over 40 hours, maybe more as I lose track of time when your up for hours on end. For replacement factories edges cost around $230 to 260 for a set. I think they are worth the money and they also come with the awesome curb guard built into them. I have talked to guys who are on there 3rd season with a set of Jerres Polar Edge Wings. I believe in the product and would suggest them to other plowsiters.

6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

An expanding wing plow?

YES.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Depends on what you are buying.....

8. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I'm one that is on my 3rd season with a set(on a wideout). I doubt that I make it the rest of the winter on em, but neither will my main edge....they are wearing at the same rate. Even though they are pricey, well worth it imo.