1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new wide out wobble

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ricothunder, Jan 24, 2011.

1. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

so today looking at my leaks i noticed how much of the plow wobbles. the pins fit in the rams with a 1/16 to spare and the pin that goes in to the plow is like 1/4 inch smaller than the hole witch makes the plow move 2-3 inch either way. isnt this going to oval since its not a tight fit and shold i do some thing or is this a dealer problem

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Go to the dealer that installed it and have them fix the problem. I installed my XLS and there is no wobble in mine after 8 storms this year. It should not be moving that much.

3. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

they told me thats how western made them and it is normal wonding if any other wide outs have this

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

whats leaks u find??

wobble, what doesnt wobble on this P.O.S. mine is 3 years old and rebuild twice

5. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

2 side rams seals and the lift ram seals 20 hours on plow

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

never had any powerpack or leaks...did blow a hose once

7. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Yeah you need new oins or they will oval out. I love the ultramounts but I am glad I have a welder. I trhink I have fixed 4-5 this year already. The pivot bar bushing and aframe bushing wear out and break. The plow gets real sloppy.

8. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

If this is a new plow this year then take it back! 1/16 inch play in the pins is too much. As I recall the clearance is supposed to be less than 1/64 inch. I have built seveal wideouts this year and the pins always fit snug when they are new. That kind of play will certainly cause the holes to oval out in time.