1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new whelen system worked for 15 min.

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by wiseguyslawn, Dec 4, 2008.

1. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn Senior Member

Had my new system running for a total of 15 min or so at different times and they quit running. All fuses were good. some people suggest the box over heated and fryed. i bought this brand new what would cause this. Also i did hear a small pop before the shut off. Any suggestions.
  2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

It may have overheated, if so it will shut itself down till it cools off.

Regards Mike
  3. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

might be moisture in the connectors
  4. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

how many things are hooked up to the supply?
    ive run 8 strobes on high power for 8 hours at a time and never had any problem
  5. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn Senior Member

only 4 bulbs, ill check the connectors the system did sit for over 24 hours and still not come back on this would have to be bad connections, i just hope the power supply box is not dead
  6. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

If you heard a pop, check the fuses on your feeds and on your power supply.
  7. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I would check the bulbs, when they blow, they make a big pop. The system i had if one bulb was out, the whole system would not work. it was a federal signal system though.
  8. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

moisture in the connection at the bulb will shut the system down....turn on and remove one line from supply at a time until it comes back to life....most likely cause...
  9. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Ok...Here's my 2 cents worth... check the fuses including the one you have going to your pwr for the supply. Check the connections. (dry and tight). Finally make sure that your pwr supply has air getting to it to keep it from over heating. Oh One other item. Check your grounding of your pwr unit. If it's loose or the wire is loose it will make the big snap/crackel or pop!
  10. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

Fuses, I had the same problem Changed all fuses Worked fine. Check to make sure everything is dry the least bit of moisture will give you fits.