1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Whelen Mini Justice LED Installed on Pro Rack

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Burkartsplow, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Here is my new Whelen Mini Justice LED lightbar installed on my back rack. It was a magnet mount and I took them off and I did a little fab work to flush mount it as close to the top of the Pro Rack as possible. The first picture is from one of my accounts which is a parking garage and I just fit under the cement by 3/4 of an inch if that. I ran it through the third brakelight and into the cab. I have bolted to the rack with three lock bolts and I am fabbing a rectangle lock box to go around the bolts where I can lock it shut and no one will have access to the bolts or the light. It will have a hinge and a lock on it with a key. I am working on that tomorrow. I also have a video of it during the day. It was about 2 in the afternoon when I shot the video. It is very bright during the day I just can imagine what it will look at night. Hope you guys enjoy.

just fit.jpg

side shot.jpg

top view.jpg

front shot.jpg

2. Burkartsplow

here are some more pics. video is on the way. technical problems.

backshot.jpg

bolts.jpg

brakelight.jpg

3. KrisR

KrisR Member
    from NH

very nice, lets see it in action :)

4. Ropinghorns

Ropinghorns Senior Member

Is that as bright as everyone says it is? How much?

5. Burkartsplow

Video is working. Had to go to photobucket since youtube was letting me down.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  6. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

that thing looks great man.. i put a sho-me led bar on my back rack too. it looks good except its not very bright in the daytime. i should've gone with WHELEN. great choice

7. Deco

Deco Senior Member

8. Burkartsplow

Not the best video, but you get the idea.I also turned on my whelen 90 watt 6 strobe heads. I have the four corner strobes and then I added 2 whelen linear 500 amber strobes to the Pro Rack with the two remaining slots. I dont think I will have a problem getting peoples attention in my lots.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid746.photobucket.com/albums/xx109/burkartlandscape/VIDEO00082.flv">

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  9. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

ya that is pretty bright for a strobe bar. dang cops all went to these led strobe bars and now at night they hurt when they hit you in the face.

10. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks great Aaron. Can wait for a night video

11. 2tonsoffordfun

2tonsoffordfun Member
    from Maine

Wow, the cops around here still use "nightsticks" to beat criminals.....alot easier to carry and more cost effective. But i can see how a lightbar could do damage to your face.

12. bosman

bosman Senior Member

Great looking set up, sweet light. My Pro Rack should be here tomorrow, looking forward to getting it installed with the light.

13. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

oh man that was pretty funny! thanks! LOL

14. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

whelen hit it huge with that series of bars this year... you pay the $$ but from what ive seen.. well worth it!

after i get off my MX high horse.. ill be going to color change axix for sure

15. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, thats pretty bright too. Always a plus.

16. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I like that setup! Looks real nice. I'm working on finishing up a setup like that on my 01. Should get the light on Thursday. I orederd a Sho-me. I like them a lot. That one looks really nice, but kinda $$$$ lol

17. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks real good Aaron........have a great winter. Did you get a 2nd plow truck?

18. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

thought you ordered a strobe mini bar ..... but anyway great choice on mini justice ...almost bought one myself until i found the liberty cheaper .... either way you wont be disappointed ..

19. Burkartsplow

I did at first, But it would not fit under the area I am showing in the first picture. So I sent it back and upgraded to the justice. I am very pleased with the light output of this bar. I will get a night video this evening.

20. Burkartsplow

$469 with free shipping from strobes and more. Free shipping of all whelen products through the month. They were $499 orginal there but they priced match the northern tools website offer of $469 for the same lightbar.