1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Wheels

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Farmboy, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Farmboy

Farmboy Junior Member

I just bought some new ProComp alum wheels for my truck, does anyone have any ideas about protecting them from the effects of salt, someone tlod me I should clear coat them, I wonder..
  2. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

I dont mess with that, juast have two sets. Stock wheels with stock size tires for plowing and nice polished wheels with bigger tires for summer.
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe Fluid Film.
  4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I'd just take them off in the winter and run the stock for winter wheels and tires. No matter what you put on Pro Comps they are going to pit like crazy whether they are chrome or polished.
  5. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

eastwood makes a few products. one is for basically clear coating aluminum. they of course have wheel clear coating as well.
  6. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Fluid Film would work.
  7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Would centrifugal force pull it to the outside of the rims?
  8. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

There is a product called luster pad. It is similar to never dull in the fact that is is in cloth that you tear off. My brothers and I use it and have for years. After you get the wheels polished they make a clear that you put on it. It is similar to a liquid wax. It will keep them from water spotting and lasts a few months per application. It doesn't matter the make of wheel any polished wheel pits. With a little work once or twice a year they will always look new. The polished pro comps I have now are actually pretty easy to care for . The stuff works great but it does involve a little work on your part. Thats why most people only have nice looking polished wheels for one year !!!

Good luck , shaun

9. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

powdercoat them black :)
  10. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I think Mothers makes a wheel wax
  11. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Keep the old set for the winter...