1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Wheels

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by William B., Apr 18, 2008.

1. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Put these on the truck last week. They are Pro Comp 6001 16x8. I had the tire shop just put my 285 Coopers on these wheels and I'll find something to put on my stock wheels for winter time.

new wheels 2.jpg

wash1.jpg

ot1.jpg

2. BETHELSKIER

BETHELSKIER Senior Member

Looks good.How was the snowfall out there in Iowa this year?

3. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

We had 50 inches this year. Way up from previous years. Every weekend in December we were out including New Years Eve, New Years Day. January was quiet til the end while we ere out pushing on Super Bowl Sunday. Feb had several as well.

4. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Nice wheels Will. I am looking at the Cooper ATR's. I would liek to put rims on them too. Happy to hear you did well this winter.

5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Looks good Will.

Not to steer you away from the ATRs but my girlfriends father got a set put on 2 season ago worked great in the snow.....but this past winter they were worthless. Ive never seen a tire wear out so fast with only 7k miles on them. all 4 wore out terrible. just putting this out there. :rolleyes:

6. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for the info. I dont need a thread pattern like the other Coopers. I am not going off road, or trying to climb a mountain or anything like that. Boss what do you have on your truck? I am also going to go up one size to a 265. Thanks in advance. Rich

7. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

ive got Dunlop radial rover R/Ts. couldnt be happier. had them on for 6 months now with about 4K on them and they still have the little rubber nipples on the treads! no joke. i do about 60% road driving 40% off road. and in the snow ive never used a better tire. except for the steep hill drives i plow, i never put the truck in 4wheel all winter. i could plow 90% of everything in 2wheel with these tires. i give them 4 thumbs up! LOL
    Out of 10 points, they have more than a 9 for snow and a 8.5 for treadwear
    [​IMG]

8. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice rims and Truck

9. wannabeplowing

wannabeplowing Senior Member

Those wheels and tires really add a lot to the look of that truck. I love the looks of those chevy's and this is coming from a ford guy:)

10. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Wow looks great Will.......:salute: