1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Wheels

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ETMegabyte, May 24, 2012.

1. ETMegabyte

ETMegabyte Member

I'm in the process of picking up a second set of wheels for my '03 2500HD. Apparently it's a pretty common thing, having a set of wheels with summer rubber on them, and a second set for studded snows for the winter...

My problem is making sure I have the right wheels. My stock rims are 16x6.5" chromed steel wheels. I'm looking at a set of Aluminum rims for my summer rubber, and then at some point I'll put a set of studs on my current stock rims. My question is about offsets and such.

The ad on craigslist I'm looking at says it's an 8 lug and will fit a 3/4 ton chevy. So far so good. But I wonder if any of the offsets ever changed year to year on chevy/gmc trucks? The reason I ask is that my truck is an '03 GMC 2500HD, and from what little i can see of the picture in the ad, it looks like the rim is mounted on maybe a mid to late 80s 2500 Chevy... If that's the case, would this be a problem? Would the rims fit my truck?

Any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

2. Khowie644

Khowie644 Member
    from Maine

you can probably google what the offsets are for each year and see if they're different, if the seller's not to far away you can always go see how they fit.
    Spacers are pretty cheap nowadays to.