1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Wheels and Tires

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Razzlo, Feb 2, 2001.

1. Razzlo

Razzlo Member

I have an '84 C-10 w/ 15" Tires. I want to know if I can put 16" wheels and tires on without any modification i.e. lift etc. Also, Can I use English size i.e. 31" tires in place of the standard P235/75R15?

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Yes,you can use non-metric sizes,like a 31X10.515,just make sure you will have enough clearance.If you have six bolt wheels (probably not on a C10),then you could swap a set of 16" wheels with the same bolt pattern from another chevy.If you don't,you can usually get aftermarket wheels in just about any size.A simple call to a good tire dealer,and he will tell you what your bolt pattern is,and what all will fit it.
  3. 85w/350

85w/350 Senior Member

I only have the stock 15 inch rally wheels on my chevy and I just mounted a new set of tires -- 31 10.50's -- on my truck and they clear no problem...everything is stock(no lift)Why do you really want 16inch rims? Stick with 15inch if you want taller lift it a little and buy wider rims and add bigger tires
  4. captdevo

captdevo PlowSite.com Sponsor

maybe....maybe not

make sure they do not rub your tierods, i had an 85 1/2 ton 4x4 and tried 2000 Z71 wheels and they rubbed my tie rods and also my lug studs where alot smaller so i would have had to have lug nuts which were deep set. i finally bought some 16" aftermarkets that worked with 32x11.50x16 AT's

[Edited by captdevo on 02-04-2001 at 11:25 AM]