1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Westerns

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dag-otto, Nov 8, 2003.

1. dag-otto

dag-otto Member

Howdy,,

I was wondering if any of the new western 8ft plows still allow you to keep the light rack assembly on, and just ditch the blade and hook it up when you need it.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Dag

2. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Check out westerns website, if they have a plow like that, you would find it there. Although, I dont believe they do have a model like your describing.

On the other hand I no some new Meyers plows dis-assemble this way.

Chuck B.

3. dag-otto

dag-otto Member

Thanks Chuck,
    I will have a look at the myers setup. I just wish Plow venders had better real life views instead of endless marketing adobe doc's.

Dag

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Western doesnt offer anything in the conventional type plow anymore, pretty much all self contained now with blade, pump ,lights all as one.

5. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i like the idea of not having to worry about somebody stealing

the lights or hydralic.
    i have a meyers e-z mount
    you can leave the lights and pump on if you want

john

6. KenP

KenP Senior Member

Not that I know of. My question to you is why would you want to keep that stuff hanging on the front anyway? You can always lock it up or store it inside. Regardless of how you secure it, if someone wants it bad enough, they'll get it. Unless I get my 9mm trained on them first!!!!!!:gunsfiring:

7. dag-otto

dag-otto Member

- CarDoctor,
    That was exactly my concern.

- KenP
    Your right, it's only as safe as what lenghts the bozo, is going to steal the plow gear.

It would be neat to have a plow-lock, like an ignition lock. Like the ford "chip" in the key. Rendering the plow useless.

Just a thought.

Cheers

8. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i was thinking a little c4 with a micro switch

if somebody picks up the blade

it all over or aleast itll blow a limb or two off:gunsfiring:

john