1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Western pro plus install controller wont turn on

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Jay Landscaping, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Jay Landscaping

Jay Landscaping Junior Member

Hi guys,

I bought a few new plows for this season and I am having trouble with my first install. I am trying to install a 8ft western pro plus on my 2007 gmc 2500hd wt (new body). I have everything installed and wired up but I cant get my controller to turn on. I have the 3 port module so the wiring harnessi s all plug and play except for tapping into the turn/parking lights.

I tried unplugging and replugging everything and cant figure it out. I thought it was the red accessory wire but i have tried wiring that to a few different things and i got nothing. This has been very frustrating.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

I'm going to try a voltage tester tomorrow.

Thanks,

Jay

2. Plow Nuts

Plow Nuts Senior Member

As I remember there is a separate power wire just for the hand held that is key on power.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You have the pwr ign hot wire. But you have to have the plow hooked up for the clicker to turn on fyi. The 3 plugs plugged in

4. Jay Landscaping

I have the plow all hooked up and the separate power wire for the controller is wired up but still nothing on the controller. I have the 2 plug system.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Oh fleet flex. I'm gunna say double ck your gnds and yout pwr inputs. Should have 2 underhood fuses as well

6. Jay Landscaping

Got it! Figured out the plow side module was bad. I swapped it out with the other new plows. Go to go. Just have to wait for a replacement. Thanks for the help.