1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Western Plow Report

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by River Hill, Dec 8, 2002.

1. River Hill

River Hill Senior Member

I had my first run with my new plow here in Maryland last week. I purchased a 8'6" Western MVP with the Ultramount and the Western ProFlo Spreader. The hookup could not get any easier. The plow worked great. It took some trial and error for me getting use to the controller and using a V Plow, but after a hour I was good to go. The spreader worked great as well.

I have this setup mounted on my F350 Crew Cab Diesel with 8' Bed. As you can imagine this is one long package. I had X springs and Timbren load booster installed to help with the load. The truck handles the weight great. The truck worked great in open areas, but was a little awkward in tight areas which I expected.

2. KenP

KenP Senior Member

Here here for the V-plow. I used it for the first time this past storm. I was very impressed and would consider buying one for my other three trucks when it's time to upgrade.

3. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

I finally got my MVP installed on Thirsday(Dec 5). There is some snow in the forcast for this Thursday so I hope I will be able to finally use it. It does look great on my truck though. I just need to practice installing it. Uni-mounts are a pain in the butt when your driveway is sloped.:help: