1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new western mvp on 2004 dodge 2500

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by probee, Dec 24, 2004.

1. probee

probee Member

I just finished putting together a mvp 8.6 western and undercarriage on a 04 dodge 2500.I will wire the truck over the weekend and I was woundering were you mount the connectors on the truck or do you just pull them threw the grill and use ties,also will I have three connector sticking out of the grill,first v blade i have owned, only use to two plugs. thanks First plow I ever assembled,I have around 10 hours in to it and I still have the truck electrical to do ,but I am learning that plow funtion pretty well, thank you

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

On a Dodge i run them between the bumper and the grill,you can run them thru the bumper and out also but i feel they are to low there,but thats up to you.The grill goes up with the hood as you know so that would be a bad idea :eek:
    The new Isolation Module wiring uses 3 plugs as opossed to your old plow,a battery,controll and light harness.
    Don't be afraid to ask questions about the wiring,i sell/install Fishers which use the exact same wiring kits,i'll help ya out,take your time,read the directions,they are pretty straight foward for the most part,have fun with it :waving:

3. probee

probee Member

Thanks for the reply, pretty stupid question about running the plugs threw the grill,first dodge. I was wondering now, if I will have three plugs just lying on the bumper or is there a better place I could mount the plugs. also the center rod for the hinges on the wings, how are you suppose to grease the rod after it is installled, no neddle holes for grease like the boss has...thank you for your time.......happy holidays

4. Arc Burn

You could fab a bracket for the battery harness but the other two get plugged into each other when not in use.

No fittings as of yet on your center pin,this has been brought up numerous times and i believe Fisher/Western are listening this time.

5. probee

probee Member

One other thing I was woundering, the metal bracket on the mvp plow,that holds the rubber flap, it seems that that bracket is maybe a inch higher then the metal cutting bar,will that ride on the ground after I loose some edge or is that also made to ride on the ground........thanks

6. Arc Burn

Not made for wear ,just to hold the center deflector,there is also a 2 piece center deflector kit that does away with that bracket,they actually seem to hold up a bit better,it's 2 steel belted flaps with metal backer plates,they don't tear as easily as the one piece.

7. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

We just repainted a 6 yr old very well used MVP and the center pin came out and went right back in with very little effort. Dont loose sleep over lack of grease fitting.
    Dino