1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Western HTS ??????

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by thomas_e102, Nov 12, 2009.

1. thomas_e102

thomas_e102 Member

Has anyone used the new Western HTS yet? I am thinking of buying one for my 08 Chevy 1500. I saw one at the dealer and it seemed a bit tinny. It is made of 14G steel. Snow ways 26 has 14g steel also but this is about 1100.00 more the the HTS. Any input would be great. Thanks

Think Snow and lots of it.

2. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I looked at the HTS about 2 weeks ago. It looked extremely tinny to me too! I ended up with a 7.5 Pro Plow and my F150 seems to be dealing with it OK...The sad part is that the HTS was almost as expensive as the Pro Plow!

3. QKSnowRemoval

QKSnowRemoval Senior Member

please use the search button because there are alot of topics on the hts

4. thomas_e102

thomas_e102 Member

I did

I did but it came up with nothing. I may be doing it wrong. I will look into it thanks

5. thomas_e102

thomas_e102 Member

I see you have one. What do you think of it? I like the Hiniker HO also

6. QKSnowRemoval

QKSnowRemoval Senior Member

Well this is my first plow, but it is built very well, installed very easy too. Fast Hydrolics as well, i got mine for 3700 cash and carry. i cant wait to use it. but id say its a good plow for residential and light commercial plowing like a snow way 26, and i wouldnt get the hiniker ho its only 7 foot and the hts is 7 6" and an inch higher moldboard too