1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Western HTS

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Crockett, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Crockett

Crockett Junior Member

Here are some pics of my brand, spanking new Western HTS on my '04 F-150 FX4.
    I am looking forward to breaking her in.
    Let it Snow!!!!! Thumbs Up

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  2. 85 Toyota 22R

85 Toyota 22R Member
    from IL

looks good bud!
  3. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Looks awesome! Good luck this winter.
  4. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

put a leveling kit on the front of there! I have a leveling kit on my f150 and the truck doesnt even move an inch when i lift the plow
  5. Crockett

Crockett Junior Member

I actually did put the F-150 HD plow package 4300 lb springs on it to replace the 3750 lb stock springs. It really barely moves when I raise it and my dealer even mentioned that the truck seems to handle the load well.
    A couple sand bags in the back and I am ready for business.
    Thanks for the positive comments.
  6. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

just seemed like the truck was real high in the back. Looks awesome though
  7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I be afraid I break the plow
  8. Weenuk

Weenuk Senior Member

Which leveling kit did you install? I know two guys who used Ready Lift which is a spacer lift system and both guys cracked the spacers. I installed the Ranchl Quicklift MYRide complete suspension system. Eliminated the factory rake and allows me to have five settings for my suspension.....
  9. SilverLT2

SilverLT2 Senior Member

Nice looking setup Crockett! Thumbs Up If u don't mind me asking what u pay for that? I'm looking to get the HTS also in the next week or so
  10. Crockett

Crockett Junior Member

Plow installed was $4070 quoted price which came in at right around $4500 after I paid New York State taxes on it.
  11. Crockett

Crockett Junior Member

Actually it totaled $4300 and something until I had the dealer throw in a plow shoe, bolt on kit which ran just over $100. All told I have roughly $4500 in the setup.
  12. SilverLT2

SilverLT2 Senior Member

Well that's good to know cuz I just paid around the same for mine too! did they have to cut up your bumper on your truck at all?
  13. Crockett

Crockett Junior Member

Nope it went on clean without any mods to the air dam or the bumper at all.
  14. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

Looks sweet, man! I want an HTS for my 98 Chevy next season. I was quoted $4,300 installed here in Lansing. Guy I talked to on the phone said it's one of their most popular plows.

I cannot wait to join the ranks of you plow guys out there!
  15. Freedom Dave

Freedom Dave Member

I guess no snow so you don't know how it works. I am looking at getting one for a 2010 F150.. I had a 2010 F350 lariat crew cab with a v-blade that just was burnt in a fire so need a replacement. After I got my 350 I have bought a 550 and a 250 work trucks with salters so last year only used my 350 for driveways which was overkill so now that I'm forced to get another truck I am thinking of getting a loaded F150 and know you can't plow with a 2011 or newer.

Anyways give me your views if you don't mind, I have a 2008 with a midwieght but heard hts is better.
  16. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

I think the HTS is a great plow. Western made this plow very clean the red headlught mount bar is an added touch of style. I also think Ford made a big mistake with the new steering system.
  17. djt1029

djt1029 Senior Member

I've had my HTS 2 seasons now and it's been great. I haven't had any issues with it, my only complaint would be that the down pressure could be a bit better for backdragging, but it definitely gets the job done.
  18. Pushin4U

Pushin4U Senior Member

Looking good! Hopefully we'll see some snow flying here soon and you can put it to work. This cold weather then to warm weather stuff is killing me. NEED SNOW NOW!
  19. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

I have sold many of the HTS and have never seen back for anything else other than regular service.
  20. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

It would be great to see some snow. Maybe some will have a white xmas