1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New website would love some imput

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Scott's, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

I am working on a new website and would love to have some imput and try to make it better. Check it out and post your thoughts.

Thanks

http://scottslco.com/index.html

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Looks good so far-I like the zero turn with plow logo.

Few points-dont get upset...

Spelling and grammar is very amature, and should be looked at very closely.

Too much emphasis on those race cars-maybe set a seperate tab for them

That liscenced and insured thing on your home page should go-very annoying.

Overall a great start-keep us updated on your progress.

3. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

Not at all, thanks

4. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

x2.

Very annoying is the licensed and insured scroll you have going on there.

5. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

No offense either....

Amature is spelt amateur.
    Liscenced is spelt licensed.

6. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Overall, I like it. Here are my suggestions. I hope you aren't offended by any of them, but you did ask :)

Even though you have a "contact us" link, I'd still put the business phone number on the front page.

I kind of agree with what others have said about the scrolling message on the front page. I'd put the phone number there, not scrolling, though. Directly under it, I'd put "Fully Insured".

I love racing, and have been heavily involved with it in the past, but I'd put it somewhere else on the site. As stated before, too much emphasis to it on the home page. Maybe another link tab called "Community Involvement"?

This is probably nitpicking, but here goes. In "About Us", the top left pic appears to have been taken out the window of a truck. Unfortunately, the mirror of that truck looks to be missing it's mirror glass. If I noticed it, somebody else probably will. You know and I know that that kind of stuff happens, but it may put the wrong image in a potential customer's mind about your equipment.

As I said above, I'm not looking to pick it apart for fun; these are just my thoughts when viewing it.

Ken

7. rawdog

rawdog Senior Member
    from Cape MA

1. Pick a different font. and color
    2. Write more about what you do/specialize in. List all your services.
    3 Make a sperate page for like "scotts racing team"
    4.You should title your little blurb to the customer somthing like our philosophy or something. It sounds like your mission statement...which is good...but it seems out of place.
    5.Get rid of the flying letters they are real annoying.

hope this helps

8. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

What font and color are you talking about.

9. JohnnyRoyale

Thanks for the english lesson. Believe it or not, I even spell checked the post. :drinkup:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  10. rawdog

rawdog Senior Member
    from Cape MA

on the home page...the green writing where is says welcome to....is the font bold? Maybe it's just me but I would go with something not so "bubbly" and bright...maybe a darker shade?? maybe it is because the font is too small..the about us and contact us pages look better

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  11. JohnnyRoyale

Welcome to Scott's Lawncare & Snow Removal's website.

We are best known for providing both quality and efficient workmanship to all clients equally.

12. JohnnyRoyale

Had a bit of time to kill this afternoon....

Scott's Lawn Care is a family owned and operated business.

Originally established 16 years ago as Leighton's Snow Removal, we recently began offering lawn care services in 2008. Scott's will go the extra mile to ensure our clients needs are completely fullfilled.

Scott's Lawn Care & Snow Removal provides reliable lawn care and snow removal services to homeowners, small business owners, as well as commercial and corporate property managers.

Our fleet of late model trucks and equipment ensure we have the most reliable equipment to get the job done. We take pride in our equipment and keep updating regularily to allow us to better serve our clients needs.

13. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Its a nice website, just needs some work on the grammar and spelling department, in my opinion nothing will turn off a customer faster than misspellings on your companies literature.

14. JohnnyRoyale

I agree with you, and dont claim to be an english major, so please excuse MY typos.

15. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Break out the snow and lawn onto different pages.

16. hikeradk

hikeradk Senior Member

I happen to snow plow and own a printing company that does website design. Check us out at coughlinprinting.com we are nationally competitive and you can get a professional website package starting at $333 and $65 hosted for the year.

17. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

Thanks guys building a site is not my strong point as you all can see. I knew I would get some good info from this site to make it better . My wife is my spell check and grammar coach but she hasnt had time to go over it and I hate waiting.

18. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

19. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

You must of had changed the website since the beginning of this thread.
    It looks good now. There are a couple of things I would change, but who am I?

I do not specialize in lawncare, though, my website might be able to give you an idea of layout/appeal.
    I am no expert, and I do not believe my site is of the greatest quality, but I do believe it gets the point across.

Good luck to you.

www.Meeksco.com

20. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

No prob, like I said, wasn't meant as a dig or anything. Hell, it's tame compared to some of the "slang" used here in the Maritimes tymusic