1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Website! What do you think?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by GTLS, Sep 22, 2011.

1. GTLS

GTLS Member

Thoughts, comments?

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

If im being honest.... I like the site it looks professional, But i would stray away from all the high school talk and loud engine talk, You will more then likely find people will be apprehensive about hiring a high school kid to take care of their propertys. People want to know they dont have to worry about the lawn, Not wondering if this highschool kid is going to close shop next year to go to college and leave them hanging.

I know personally i would never hire a bunch of high schoolers to work around my house and expect them to show every week. Also most people look down on younger kids and are always trying to beat them up on pricing.
  3. GTLS

GTLS Member

You're probably right! I know people try to negotiate twice the work for the same price. It happens all the time. You think it might be a bad approach even with all of the pictures?

Yea, I would leave all of the highschool stuff out of it. The more experianced and more professional you look to people the more people expect to pay you.

Young people have a hard enough time being taken serious in this industry by customers/property managers, No reason to give them any other reason to not take you serious.
  5. GTLS

GTLS Member

Very true! Thank you!
  6. tyler.premier

tyler.premier Member

agree with gold pro, It is a good looking site. The only other part i say to do away with is the team part. when a site and your service looks good you should use it to your advantage. When a customer brings it up they know you only have three or four man team. If you just left it with out that someone could come to you with bigger contracts. They don't need to know who is working for you. The important thing is when you say you can do it, that you come threw with your word/bid. It's always easier to go find equipment and workers after you land a job, or you can always turn it down in a nice way but keep the contact for the future. Hate to see someone turn away before even giving you a call.
  7. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

I agree with

Goldpro as well.
  8. Remstar

Remstar Member

This may hurt but:

Ditch the page with the employees, Ditch the clip with you on the trike, Ditch the about the owner.

All that **** doesn't matter and is likely hurting you. Lawn care is a tough industry, and I personally wouldn't even dream of touching it, but your page really ages you(in a bad way). Your age will actually be a reason for people not to hire you, so it would be best not to showcase it on the website. Let them see that once you arrive, but by that point your foot is already in the door so you can sell yourself personally. You will have much better results.

The key to success is pitching a high quality service & quality staff. Just to note your number 3 guy, the "workaholic" looks like a "alcoholic". Lol wifes joke sorry.

Expand on your service section, add in a picture for some and a small blurb about each. This will really help your SEO. Ad a backround image or template so that the site has a little more color, Your selling green services, go for a green look.

My primary industry is roofing,and this is my website www.RemstarRoofing.com little different game, still contracting services in the end. My page for snow removal and rental services is not done yet but I will post when its up.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011

i would honestly go on a few other landscapers pages that you like and get a general idea of what kind of layout works for you.

And like stated your site is lacking all color its basically an all white site with a few pictures.

I made my website myself and im not claiming its the best site but it works well for me.

Also get rid of the testimonials page those always seem fake to me. your work will speak for its self.