1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new website...check it out

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by EGLC, Oct 12, 2010.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Here's a new website. Please critique the hell outta it!! All the photos on there are mine, except for the ford w/ boss plow.

www.jjlandscaping.com

2. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

it looks really good. testimonials are one of the best things.

i noticed some error in the testimonilals... --->>> this charracter ---> “Your guys did a great job considering how much snow we got!“
    - Rebbeca Stair

btw it loads very fast which is good.

3. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

4. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

just noticed that and in the "about us" page he used the same content twice...gonna have that changed asap good thing it just went up today! hahaa

and thanks!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  5. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

Looks good! :drinkup: I like it.

Found one correction for you...sent you a PM :waving:

6. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

ok fixed all errors noted....anyone see anything else? any suggestions? I'm willing to listen to anything you guys may have to say!

7. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I like it very much...looks great.

Personally I would change the sentencing from the resi and commercial pages

"From weekly lawn maintenance, to ornamental shrub pruning, to turf fertilization and management we can maintain your property's appearance to your needs, budget, and desires."

to:

"From Weekly Lawn Maintenance and Ornamental Shrub Pruning, to Turf Fertilization and Management, maintaining your property's appearance to your needs, budget, and desires is our excellence."

....and if you want to keep it the original way...you should add another comma after management.

:cool:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  8. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

In the page title, shouldn't there be a comma after construction and a period after llc.

And on the contact page, instead of comments, maybe have questions/ comments or services you would like or somethin other than that. Also you should make first and last name and zip a required field.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  9. ajslands

Also at The bottom of the page where you have service areas, instead of commas, do bullets. The code is &#149. I believe

10. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Jared,

In the about us section you should talk up education and expierience. Put your face up there too. If I remember right you did some school time with the kid we hired this year. People like to know they're dealing with an educated and expierienced contractor.

Just my 2 cents......

Also I need somebody out your way who is willing to help me out as back up salter or to take a few ice patrols through the year. My original plan for taking care of that office park isn't looking great and I need some insurance.

11. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice f-250!??

12. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

There ya go brad lol

13. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Man I shoulda read saw the title and clicked the link:realmad:

Question though why photoshop a truck with you lettering thats not even yours seems stupid to me:confused:

14. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I'd say just as filler until he can grab an action shot of one of his trucks lettered and plowing.

15. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

OK thanks a ton!!!

Like that idea I will make change.

Who's the kid?? I think I may know who he is, if its him all I can say is good luck hahaha

PM me, all i have at moment is a tailgate buddy has two 2.5cu yd'rs and a 10yd s/a dump with tailgate spreader

Because the one with the Chevy and Western plow wouldn't have looked good with the stretching needed to make it that width. We paid for the photo, nothing stupid it about it at all IMO

BINGO. And even if I do get an action shot I will keep that photo, I paid for it. Nothing wrong with using it.

16. JLaw300

JLaw300 Junior Member

Nice web site, but...

How can you assume that you'll surpass all of my needs and expectations before you even know what they are?

17. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

because we have been doing so for all our customers to date

18. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

Nice JJ........only one thing I would change that stupid helmet on your screen name on here........Just kidding ya man, but you work looks really nice....

19. ajslands

You should do flash at the begging of your page, like have the grass growig a d then you come along and mow it down.

20. EPPSLLC

EPPSLLC Senior Member

Flash will kill your SEO, Also to help you rank a little better throw a ling in your signature like this
    < a hr e f = www. your site. com> Landscaping Installation Service Company | Sometown | SomeState | < / a >

Just take the spaces out

<a href=www. your site. com> L a n d s c a p i n g I n s t a l l a t i o n S e r v i c e C o m p a n y | Sometown | SomeState | </a>
    and you'll get that which will help also put the above txt as your title on the site (the top bar)

check this one out - <a href=www.louisvilleholidaylighting.com>Holiday Lighting Services Louisville KY</a>

Notice in the top bar it doesn't say EasyPro it says my key word.

Nice clean looking site man!