1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New web site any ideas ?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Snowaway, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

Hey guys I just started working on my new web site. I was wondering if some of you could take a look and let me know what you think. Any ideas on what to add to it.

http://snowaway.us

Thanks and let it snow ! ! ! payup

2. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

i would put your contact info on the bottom every page but other than that it looks pretty good

3. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

Done thanks for the good idea ! :drinkup:

4. Cassy

Cassy Senior Member

I like the page, its simple and to the point.

A couple of things I would do are:
    1. on the first page, line up the Penguin picture with the "Got Berm" picture, b/c it looks chaotic otherwise
    2. I see you have a logo on your truck, put the same logo up at the top of each page.

:)

5. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

Penguin lined up logo on each page Thanks :D

6. EPPSLLC

EPPSLLC Senior Member

Title your page - snow plowing Juneau AK
    get your local area on there as much as posible . . .it will help you rank on google better
    get some txt on your photo gallary page
    make a youtube video for your company with a link to your site in the description
    put a link to your site in your sig on here

these are just a few of the things you can do to rank on google

here is my stuf to back me up so you know im not just blowing smoke up your but
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...hs=lCD&q=snow+plowing+lagrange+ky&btnG=Search
    number one and two on that pae
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...CD&q=snow+plowing+madison+indiana&btnG=Search
    number 2, 3, and 7, on this one
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...OtX&q=snow+plowing+carrollton+ky+&btnG=Search
    top 4 and the last one on that page . .. .

this is kinda what i do in the winter to keep from getting cabin fever
    http://www.easypropropertyservices.com/webhelp

7. danknight60

danknight60 Member

remove the plowsite link we don't want to give up our secrets lol but besides that looks great man

8. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

EPPSLLC, Thanks yours was harder than moving the penguin but I got it figured out. I thing I need more relevant pics before I add more lables. I guess I'm gonna have to get out of the truck and take some pics.

danknight60, Gone I guess your right thanks. :nod:

9. EPPSLLC

EPPSLLC Senior Member

get that link in your like i have mine . . . .that will help you get on goggle ASAP

10. I would add a list of all cities/counties/states you service on every page on the right hand side. This helps with search engines when people search for something like Joecounty Snow Removal...

Also your pages all have button images to access them. Add each page link in TEXT to the bottom of every page. Search engines can't read images to follow and list all pages but they can read text. This will help get more pages on search engines for higher results.

And last but not least, take this as you may... I'm not a fan of the "scattered" images technique. I'd line up all images in rows rather than having them scattered on the page like a scrap book. Some people like pages done like this, I just think it looks messy and too busy.

11. SilkKnitter

SilkKnitter Junior Member
    from ZONE 5

Cool thats a good idea.

12. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

ABOUT US

We are a new company. This is are first season and we hope to serve Juneau well over the upcoming years.

If you change nothing else, atleast change ARE to OUR. But I would not mention it is your first year. What license do you need to push snow in AK? If you need one, then tell what it is called.

YOU SAY: We carry both general liability and commercial vehicle insurance.
    I WOULD SAY: We carry Commercial liability and commerical vehicle insurance.

Put on there what equipment you have if it is good stuff. Say you specialize in residential and commerical or whatever you do.

Say you offer salt if you do.

I would remove the Photo Album until you have more before and after pics. You used all of those pictures in other places on your page which looks good.

The logo on the top of your web page is Snow-A-Way, which I like.
    The logo on your truck is Snow-a-way. The logo in the pages is Snow-a-way.
    Make up your mind and make them all the same.
    I would bold everywhere you logo is used. Snow-a-way verses Snow-a-way

That is enough for now. Post if or when you change anything.

13. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

:drinkup:Thanks guys for all the good ideas Quadpower I like your ideas and will be acting on them soon. However it may take a couple of days due to the fact that....

.TONIGHT...SNOW NORTH OF TAKU INLET. RAIN SOUTH. LOCALLY WINDY.
    SNOW ACCUMULATION 6 TO 10 INCHES. LOWS AROUND 26 NORTH TO 34
    SOUTH. EAST WIND 15 TO 25 MPH. STRONGER WINDS TO 35 MPH NEAR
    INTERIOR PASSES. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 100 PERCENT.
    .TUESDAY...SNOW...HEAVY AT TIMES FROM TAKU INLET NORTHWARD. RAIN
    SOUTH OF TAKU INLET. SNOW ACCUMULATION 6 TO 10 INCHES. TOTAL SNOW
    ACCUMULATION 12 TO 20 INCHES FROM TAKU INLET NORTHWARD. HIGHS 33

payup payup Anyway, I am very glade I asked for advice, Thanks to all that helped and keep 'em coming. There is no site like Plowsite. :drinkup:

14. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

Drivewaydoctor, sorry I missed you. I will get to that as well. thanks

15. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

So It's been a few days and I have made quite a few changes and tried to follow every ones advice. I think it has made a big difference, looks much better. Take a look I am still open to suggestions. Thanks.

16. Cassy

Cassy Senior Member

is that a sheep on the last page?

Lookin' good though :)

17. EPPSLLC

EPPSLLC Senior Member

make ya a youtube video . ..