1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New weatern V snow deflector question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Tparm08, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Tparm08

Tparm08 Junior Member

I just bought a new 8.6" western V and have now plowed with it a couple of times. Both times snow is shooting up from the blade through the center onto my windshield. I had the dealer install a factory western snow deflector however it only covers the sides and not the center and. that is where the snow is shooting up onto my windshield from. I asked the dealer and he said that is the way it is supposed to be installed. Somethings not right, anybody else having this issue or have any solutions. Thank you
  2. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

I have the factory installed snow deflector too but I still get snow up the middle when its really powerdy. You could probably try and make a piece of rubber to fit on that center piece if it you are not liking the way its setup now.
  3. Tparm08

Tparm08 Junior Member

Yeah, It was powder, but I still think it is poor design on westerns part. I see the bosses have a center piece rubber. I wonder if there is an aftermarket deflector that covers the whole plow or what others are doing to fix this.
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I have an 8.5 XV. When I put the deflector on, I didn't cut end off. I just let it run long towards the center. Never really noticed snow shooting through. The Boss deflector is definitely a better setup.
  5. Tparm08

Tparm08 Junior Member

Thanks, thats a great idea I am thinking of telling the dealer to replace it with the new one hanging more in the center. Oh by the way I love the plow it is a awesome blade besides this little issue.