1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New way to load snow?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by CityGuy, Feb 16, 2009.

1. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

This must be the new way to load snow?

Truck loader.jpg
  2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

that is pretty nince setup.
  3. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

I was thimking about trying to find one of those. I think they would work well here. I just wonder if the loader would hold up.
  4. JD 990

JD 990 Member
    from Maine

Thats nice. Its kind of like a trash truck setup but with a dump body. Plus it would cut down on man hours and fuel costs.
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I would like to see it in action..
  6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

That is petty cool. Wouldnt need a loader on site at all with that. Wonder if you could put a pusher on the front of that too??
  7. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

thing looks like the cats azz 2 me
  8. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

"When your done with the snow, put the spreader on and go load yourself up with some salt."
  9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

As long as you have a loader on all your trucks it will work great but I think I'd rather have 1 loader and a few trucks hauling. JMO
  10. Bigfoot Brent

Bigfoot Brent Senior Member

Notice the mirrors have to be folded in to use the loader. How would you see to back up? Must be a pain to get out and move the mirrors each time you use the loader. This looks to be an older Mack judging by the tube type tires on 20" split rims.
  11. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

It works for that, but they have many purpose's. The city uses one to follow around street sweepers and pick up when they dump on the street. They are made by PB Loader Corp.

12. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

With camera technology coming down in price for about $500 you could have 1 rear view and 2 side views hooked up>
  13. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

I've been looking for one around here after thinking I would use it for my tree trimming business, never thought of it for snow....one more reason to buy it now!!! That's awesome...payup
  14. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

ut oh! that might just be faster than the snow blower
  15. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

Humvee, Madison is getting a new one at their Eastside garage over on Sycamore. The old one might be going up for auction when they get it.
  16. .5racer

.5racer Senior Member

The Gas Company around here use smaller ones to load concrette and dirt on repairs in the street when they dig. I would be cocerned if the snow stuck in the bucket or coud you bang it to get it out. Then you mess up your dump too , wouldn't you ?
  17. greenred

greenred Member

The city I live in used to have Ford Dump Trucks with the same kind of set up. I always thought it was neat as hell as a kid.
  18. Neige

Neige Sponsor

It may look impressive, but I think it would be one of the least efficient methods of hauling snow. I liked Syden s idea of putting on a box plow, you could really stack well. I would install a v box salter in the back, which you could load yourself. With that said, I still would not use one. JMO :drinkup:
  19. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

i think its pretty lame