1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jklawn&Plow, Dec 1, 2011.

1. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

Well I kept thinkin what if and wouldn't it be nice and finally bit the bullet and laid out the plastic to bring home this puppy. (I'm installing it on the barbie jeep)

2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

The Barbie jeep is going to need a bigger battery! LOL. Show us pics when you get it mounted on your truck.
  3. APLC

APLC Senior Member

might have to upgrade the suspension LOL
  4. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Some ballast and chains for the tires too....
  5. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Are you gonna mod the tube bumper? Looks like you won't need plow lights since they are on the rollbar!
  6. jklawn&Plow

The jeep mods are next. Today put most of the plow together. Really lubed up the center hinge pin. Sprayed it with graphite first. The 9.2 sections might have required 2 people but I could just get the 8.2 sections off the truck and move with the two wheeler. Trip springs seemed a little short but I put some wood under the push frame and then I could just get the threads started, This also helped when it came time to put in "V". I just await my smartlocks so I can complet and test out. Boss included the threadlock taped to the box top on the inside. Overall I'd say it was easier than the undercarriage install, cause I wasn't layin on my back on the concrete.

7. jklawn&Plow

Had to find the right tool to tighten horizontal hinge pin. The small monkey and pipe wrenched didn't work. The big monkey wrenched worked though, good thing, been carying that thing around from place to place for 25 yrs finally came in handy. Thanks Dad.
    Not sure if there is a more correct tool but got ~125ftlbs on the clinched nut.
    Wish I could have done a video. Fortunately no cut off toes or fingers or damaging of parts ...so far.

8. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Nice work! Keep us posted!