1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New VXF95

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Ray, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

I installed my new VFX95 just in time for this past weekend’s snow storm and the first run with it was impressive. This plow can really move some snow, and it stacks well too. My only gripe is the controller it’s inconvenient having to operate 2 buttons to move the wings from either scoop or vee. My old Western MVP with the 9 button control was a lot easier to operate with the one button operation. Hopefully Snow Dogg will offer an upgraded controller at some point to make things easier. Other than that I’m very happy with this plow.Thumbs Up

Attached Files:

2. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

You'll get the controller v and scoop figured out with two fingers soon enough.

TJSNOW Senior Member

Nice looking setup...........:salute:
  4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

What's the price on the VXF? I was thinking of trading mine in on one next season (Vx95 currently). Love your setup
  5. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

I paid $4650 cash and carry in Hookset NH.
    sijudy likes this.
  6. mackclmodel

mackclmodel Senior Member

Awesome looking plow !!! What dealer was it in Hookset, Superior Interiors
    sijudy likes this.
  7. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

Yes it was Superior Interiors. Candia Trailer wanted to charge me shipping for them to get the plow where Superior Interiors did not.
    sijudy likes this.
  8. mackclmodel

mackclmodel Senior Member

Good deal. I assume they sell straight blade's also ?
  9. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

They are a Snow Dogg distributor so I would imagine they can get whichever plow you would like.
  10. plowguy43

That's a really good deal my VX 95 was 4300 dollars from Candia trailer sales in November 2011. Mine was also cash and carry not much of a change in price in the past 2 years plus you get the flared wings.
  11. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

I too find the controllers EXTREMELY uncomfortable. I recently plowed with a new this year VX-85 for a total of 22 hours over one storm. I found the controller to be way too big. The shape didn't fit my hand well. I didn't like the flat bottom. I know I'm used to my Western but went into this venture with an open mind. I REALLY wanted to like this unit so I can justify buying a new one or two for my trucks. That is why I plowed in this truck for the storm. The plow itself worked very well. I was happy with the performance of the plow. The controller on the other hand was very hard to get used to. I am a heavy equipment operator so I know how to quickly adapt to changing controls on many different makes and models of all equipment. I found the controller very awkward to hold and operate. I tried many different configurations and none seemed to be very comfortable. I feel the buttons were huge and spaced too far apart. How about offering a more compact unit? I am doubtful I will be able to overcome the controller issues. Maybe...
  12. plowguy43

I came from the Fisher 8 button controller as well with my EZV. It did take me a few times out plowing with the snow dog to get use to the controller. now I just keep it on my thigh and use 1 hand to control everything. Honestly I had more trouble with my EZV plow controller then I do with the snow dog because the scoop and the buttons were so small. But yes if you are use to that controller then the snow dog is a little cumbersome.

- please excuse the spelling mistakes I am using talk to text on my phone
  13. sijudy

sijudy Junior Member
    from NH

Superior Interiors in Hooksett NH can help with any plow setup you need ...be it cash and carry or installed. Great rates Very competitive. Here's a pic of 2015 GM 3500HD CREW CAB 8' BOX DRW with a 6.0L V8 engine
    Installed a SnowDogg VXF 8.5 w/ a Firestone Work Rite helper spring.
    Call them...you will be pleased!!

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

storkplows.com sells a universal controller with a vee scoop button