1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New vs used Snowbear Plow

Discussion in 'Snowbear Plows' started by 1PapaDock4, Sep 16, 2010.

1. 1PapaDock4

1PapaDock4 Member

Hello everyone,
    I'm new to the site, however, I've been reading a lot about light duty plows.
    This upcoming winter, I'm looking at getting a Snowbear. Yes, I know all the various remarks about the plow. However, I can either buy a new Snowbear for 1400, or a used one for 600. I'm not sure what direction to go, leaning toward the new one just because of the fact I don't know how a used plow was used or abused.
    Any insight is greatly appreciated.

2. ArcticCat1

ArcticCat1 Member

If you go with a used one, look at the winch- have them connect it to a battery to make sure it is operational! Going with a new one gives you piece of mind, though...

My SB is 2 years old, works good. You just have to take it easy plowing, keep speeds down while plowing, and keep the winch motor dry.
  3. 1PapaDock4

1PapaDock4 Member

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it!
  4. Dwestie

Dwestie Junior Member

I sold mine about a year ago when I upgraded trucks. It worked like the day it was new after bout 5 years of plowing 8-10 drives per snowfall. Great little plow if you take it easy. Does not back drag that well though as it is too light. but push away and they will go forever !-D
  5. 1PapaDock4

1PapaDock4 Member

I ended up picking up a used oned for 250 from craigslist.. bought the mounting brackets new (250) and a new winch (75). Plus with a few little modifications, she'll work well.
    Probably will pick up another winch as a just incase type of thing.
  6. ranger88den

ranger88den Senior Member

Papa, Look at this link/thread:
    I've seen them on sale (coupon) for $49.95 and the 1 yr full replacement warranty is approx. $6.00.
  7. 1PapaDock4

1PapaDock4 Member

Thanks ranger! Something i will definitely look into.