1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new VOLTEX BAR...thats right I said VOLTEX

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by EGLC, Oct 8, 2010.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

here's a quick video of the new bar I got, I don't care that its chinese, i don't care that "it won't last" for the money it couldn't be beat and when you're 19 you don't have a ton to spend on leds...after have whelen tir3s these are very close:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnQJrn6FS6o

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  2. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

ive had a voltex bar for two years and its been thru a recent accident that totaled my truck and it still works no problems . love it

3. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

yup, yup! believe it or not you're the reason why I even took a look into voltex...I've seen pictures of your truck and videos and was very impressed.

4. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I have one on my 2500hd, works well for the price. I've had it for a year. 1 Led segment is out but its been that way since I bought it.

5. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I know I have a warranty on mine...you should check into it??

6. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I bought mine off a guy that bought it and then kept it and never installed it. So I'm technically the second owner, but first user. No warranty available.

7. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Oh that sucks. Oh well, I'm sure you could get a replacement segment if you really cared.

8. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi EGLC
    where did you buy it at and how much did you pay? I had one on a jeep I just sold and need to buy another one. I bought my lightbar off ebay last year and cant find the guy who sold it to me. That bar is very bright, could see my guy plowing with the jeep a good 1/2 mile away but I sold it with the jeep.

Thanks Mike

9. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Got it off ebay for $190

10. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Thanks did you buy it from a guy in CA?

Mike

11. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Mike,

Yup that's the one. I mounted it today, will post pictures.

12. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

How long do these lights last? I was going to buy the hide aways how long would those last. But for something expensive it deffinitly should last a long time right?

13. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

You gonna put that on whatever truck you get next or sell it?

14. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i just threw up in my mouth a little bit......thanks jared

15. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

LOLOLOL :laughing:

16. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

george if you would like to chip in to pay for my lights that'd be great :salute: xysport

l've come to the conclusion that lights don't make you $....call me crazy but thats a revolutionary idea I've come to....trust me if I had the payup I wouldn't have dodge gas jobs and I wouldn't run chinese made lights

17. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

im gettin a new bar set up as we speak lol I will post pics tomorrow or the next day when its done. As for the voltex im not sure what im gunna do with it yet.