1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New venture

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by SMPlower1, Feb 20, 2007.

1. SMPlower1

SMPlower1 Junior Member
    from Etters

Well good plow crusaders, I am looking to sub out the rest of this season and get into the subbing more next year. This last snow fall in PA was a gold mine, I could of paid off a plow and truck if I would of been smart before this icy snowy crap hit.

SO...with that said, I have a 02 2500 Silverado 4x4 6.0L auto. What’s your recommendations for say 10 to 15 driveways, 7 of those are family members and the rest are friends. Also I have contacts with 2 seal coating companies to sub for them if interested.

I am willing to make an investment but not a huge investment so no $5500 plow setups, something a little stronger then a homeowner but not a big 9' road plow. I also have 2 snowblowers and 2 ATVs with plows. So fire away, let me hear all the knowledge and if anyone has any leads on plows, that would be greatly appreciated. Also I will take the bad with the good, so lets hear the nah-sayers and all the bad stuff too, not looking to upset the true snow removal company owners, just looking to sub out . Just a quick background info, I have run my own small business for sometime and I understand the risks.

So what’s everyone got to say? And by the way, love the site!
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2007