1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New vbox

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rebert, Nov 3, 2015.

1. rebert

rebert Senior Member

Looking forward to them salt events:nod:

image.jpg

2. superdutypsd

superdutypsd Senior Member

Nice, i was hoping to get rid of my two gas vbox spreaders this year and switch over to one of those nice new polys. But now i think ill just do it next year as running out time

3. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

You will love it. I love how easy mine is to clean up. Enjoy

4. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Looks nice, can't wait to see it in the truck

5. superdutypsd

For you guys running polys, have you had any problems with the aulger clogging or jamming up, or the body box breaking when salt being dumped in to it i know a few people whos boxes broke in the cold when they got load with salt but they were pretty new and dealer replaced them for them

6. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

I run 4 Snowex 8500's and have never had a problem. Oldest one is 7 seasons old and looks new.

7. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

We run two of them no issue in 5 seasons.

8. superdutypsd

Do you guys have to take the back off after each event or make sure everythings completely cleaned outso no salt freeze and jam, im going to get one of the snow ex or boss vbt, for the sheer simplicity of the 2-12volt motors, disign, and looks.

9. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

We take the shoot off and clean it but its really fast and easy. This is the easiest unit to clean you will ever see. Its bin is all one piece so there are no little nooks and crannies for stuff to stick in and cause problems. The Boss spreader is not as simple a design and there are places for material to stick. I looked long and hard at the Boss unit this summer at a few shows and at the end of the day, the Snowex unit is just a simpler design. Snowex has been a fantastic spreader for us for years and I highly recommend them.

10. superdutypsd

Yes i like the look, disign, and simplicity of the snow ex better also

11. superdutypsd

Whats the going price for one for 8' bed

12. rebert

rebert Senior Member

4qte.com had the best price by far that I found. It was 4400+227 shipping. Still almost $600 less than my local dealer. He wouldn't even budge on the price. His words were I already sold 12 this season at 5400 why would I sell it for less at the beginning of the season. I said ok no problem :waving:
    4qte had the 8500 for $5800+shipping I believe.

13. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I por 15 the frame and love all of mine
    I started with a 575 then 8000s then 7500 and 8500 now a 9300 in total I've been through 25 snow ex love all of them and learned take care of the frame and they are great
    I also spray them down with old oil and diesel great machines

14. superdutypsd

I will definitely check them out today those prices sound great and im gonna call my local dealer and see what there going for, are you running a seperate battery just for the machine how does the truck handle the extra draw between the and the plow your batterys and alterantor keeping up with it, i have duel alternators on my truck

15. superdutypsd

Yea i spray my vboxs down with old oil also, clean them up real good at end of season and soak my spreaders everywhere with it

16. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Thats an awesome spreader. I used to own one until it became a little to small for our operations. And had to up size. Hands down a great spreader and made me a ton of money.