1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NEW V XT wing how do they fit??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mws399LAWN, Nov 22, 2009.

1. mws399LAWN

mws399LAWN Member

Does anyone have new V XT Boss v plow with new V XT wings if so what did u do where the curb guard meets the poly rubber edge of wings??

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Trim the poly to fit around the curb guards or saw the curb guards off completely. Once you plow with the wings you'll seldom plow without them making the curb guards unneeded.

3. gkp

gkp Member

one of my trucks plow with the 8.2 poly vxt with wings...........all I can say is MONSTER...... it is awesome and very efficient.

4. gkp

gkp Member

mine lined up well....... the old rubbers dont have the same adjustment as the newer models. You might have the old style, for those I just cut the rubber so it meets up.

5. THE05HD

THE05HD Member
    from WI

The poly xt v wings do not have to be trimmed. They are redesigned to fit with no trimming or cutting. I just installed a set on a 9.2, and they fit well. The poly face nuts have to be loosened, then retightened after all is lined up properly.

P.S. It really is a big plow with those wings installed !!!

6. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Any pics of the finished product?

7. gkp

gkp Member

Like I said...... The new rubbers do not need to be trimmed but if they give you the old ones the inside bolt cut out needs to be bored out more to cinch the rubber against the blade. If you want a pic of mine tomorrow let me know.

8. THE05HD

THE05HD Member
    from WI

Here are a couple of pics....

I built a custom snow deflector for this customer !

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

9. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

How do those wings scrape though? It looks like there is a good gap between the ground and the poly edge.

10. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

Wow....Thats a monster your right.....Any pics of the back of the wings?

11. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Nice! But how do they hold up?

12. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

holy crap is that thing HUGE.

13. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Awesome Blade

Gotta say I love the size of that unit, how does the truck handle the extra weight ?? I take you have a gas and not a diesel ??

Al

14. nhpatriot

nhpatriot Senior Member

Okay, I'm a Fisher guy.....but I've got plow envy right now. Damn that's a nasty looking plow!