1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New v-plow ?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by gemarsh, Nov 10, 2010.

1. gemarsh

gemarsh Junior Member

I just ordered a CC 60" v-plow this afternoon. Should be here Friday. I'm replacing my CC 48" straight blade. Hopefully I will be able to plow through my drive better where it drifts bad.

Last year, I couldn't get through it easily. Got stuck once real bad getting a path made. Once snow started coming around the edges of the blade, I was done for. I had to drag the snow blower out and blow the ATV clear around the back end. And still was a pain dealing with hard packed snow and being high centered.

So I angled the blade and went at a 45 degree angle and pushed to the side of the drive about 25 swipes and got through.

So all you v-plow owners out there, will the plow bust through 1-2' drifts, 10-20' wide, if I have the traction and speed?

I know...should have hit it sooner. With the storm not after. But a working man has to stay at work to afford the house with the driveway!

Thanks,
    Gayle

2. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

who much did the blade cost ya? Make sure you get up some pics when it comes in!

3. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

i went out one morning to 4',i made it 5' then i was engulfed, but had a hole so i just went back and forth till i knew it was hopeless, then like you i made a pass with the blower down and back just wide enough for the wheeler to move, take a little lose traction pull into path and regain traction.

the vee is a pain to set with the pins then freeze them yheyre junk at best, take it to a welder and have them make it a little bigger if you can push it.

4. gemarsh

gemarsh Junior Member

Are you saying you tried plowing through 4' of snow? Dang, I would have gotten out the blower to begin with. I see from now on, no more than the height of the blade or less for me. :nod:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are a few photos, will post more after supper.

Be Safe
    Gayle

5. gemarsh

gemarsh Junior Member

Crappy cell phone pics. Roll of paper towles under blade...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Be Safe
    Gayle

6. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

yea , it happens up here atleast once a year we get a good hit, usually it spreads out over a couple days, easily getting that much drawn out,so you plow every day, i make a job out of it and build ramps for my sled lol and pretty much keep all i need open so its still kinda like summer lol