1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New V-plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by rddiehl, Oct 22, 2010.

1. rddiehl

rddiehl Junior Member

First post been lurking for quite a while lots of good info in here I am getting a boss V-plow for my 09 2500HD GMC 6.0L that has the plow prep package on it. I am doing a mixture of commercial lots and residential. I know I am getting a Boss, but Should I get the standard V or the Power V XT? Any pros and cons are appreciated would like some input. And for the search nazi's I have been researching and searching for a couple days. Thanks.

2. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

how bid are the commerciallots that youwill be servicing? imo if you get higher snow fall averages i would get the vxt, you can throw sow over banks and it will spread out alot more of the snow vs put it right next to the curb.

3. Actionpower

Actionpower Junior Member

I run a 9.2VXT BOSS ,and I can push, scoop a lot more snow than my partners 8.2 V. More efficient and less time makes sense to me when going commercial plowing. If I was just doing single lane driveways, than a regular V would be adequate.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I got the reg V....unless you really need to "throw" the snow a long ways

5. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I'd get a VX-T no question, simply because of the extra carrying capacity in scoop, and the farther throw distance.

6. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Well the con is the xt is heavier but idk by how much. I wouldn't put a 9'2 xt on there!

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Very little. So little in fact it makes no measurable difference to the truck.

Why not? Either an 8.2 or 9.2 is a recommended application. Please do some homework before suggesting something that a person is about to spend several thousand of their had earned dollars on. Otherwise you're only skewing their thought's and spending their money on what may not have been the best choice from a non factual opnion.

As the others have stated if you need the throwing and extra carrying capacity an XT is a viable choice.

8. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

I'm doing my homework :D

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  9. rddiehl

rddiehl Junior Member

Thanks for all the input. I think I will be getting the 8.2 v-xt. Now just need to start doing a snow dance.

10. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Post pics when you mount tthe plow on :)

11. procutsnow

procutsnow Member

+2

8'2" VXT - 785 lbs.
    8'2" V - 770 lbs.

9'2" VXT - 842 lbs.
    9'2" V - 838 lbs.

These weights are without vehicle mount which are the same anyways.

12. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I was really happy with my VXT last year.
    Plus they look awesome on the truck :)