1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New V-plow, which one to buy.

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Chipper, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Chipper

Chipper Member

Looking at buying a new 8.5' Vplow for my 92 F-250. Can't decide between the Western MVP, Meyers V-2 and Snow Dogg. Plow will be used for a couple long private driveways and one business account. Looking for input if one has more problems, easier to use, mount on the truck etc.. Had a 9.5' MVP 2 years ago and really liked the plow but had to sell the truck and plow.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I'll decide for you, boss 9.2 v plow.
  3. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

I've been very happy with my meyer 8' 6" v2, I like that it has 2 way cylinders, and a trip edge, which are the 2 reasons I went with them over boss. They were also offering a very nice financing deal, which IIRC boss was not when I purchased my plow.

Meyer now uses monarch hydraulics, which greatly increase reliability, and the structural design is far superior to what they used to put out-it's a very rugged unit.
  4. treefarm

treefarm Member

lol whichever one you can afford they all have their pros and cons what's more important is the dealer if you're commercially plowing when you need parts you don't want to wait three days, find a reliable dealer that opens 24 hours during storms and has a large stock inventory that's more important to me than the brand of the plow they're all going to have problems at some point don't believe anyone if they tell you different it's the nature of the beast take care

plow truck.jpg
  5. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Treefaem beat me to it. All are decent these days, dealer support is key. We have run Fisher since I started back in 1995, but after the dealer staff has changed prices for parts are crazy (full list), they used to be competing with CPW, I still get priority service (I have bought numerous plows, salters, & have done good bit of service over the years there) it seems, but my subs that go in there have complained to me about how bad
    they experience was. Combine that with Fisher changing wiring harnesses (from 3 to 2 wire), i can no longer interchange plows to whatever truck, I ussually have a spare plow here. The Snowdogg are very price competive& I've heard good things about there dealer here.