1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new V plow is riding too low.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by kipper0827, Jan 12, 2012.

1. kipper0827

kipper0827 Member

Hello, I have a 8.5 v plow riding two low. i can not raise the chains because the plow is stopped by two "A-FRAME STOP" about 6 inches tall. Do they make smaller ones? thank you

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I when I bought my preowned mm2 there were no stops on it

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

6" tall?? I have them but I bet they are only 3" on the new one and the 06. Both are factory.

4. kipper0827

kipper0827 Member

Your right they are around 3''.

5. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

where the push frame connects to the headgear. Put the pins that have the cotter keys in the middle hole if they are in the bottom hole now. you will get more lift height. But you will have to put the push frame bolts in a lower hole to make sure it level.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

What kind of truck is it on? Do you have enough ballast in the bed?

7. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

1: Be sure you have enough ballast and make sure it is behind the wheel wells towards the tailgate.

2: Adjust your torsion bars (if the vehicle is a chevy or gmc) mine are almost cranked as far as they go, this will help raise the front of the vehicle and help the front load carrying capacity in general. also... have an alignment done after adjusting the torsion bars to reep from ruining your tires.

3: there should be 3 holes on the plow frame, you need to figure out which hole the mounting bolts need to go through, there should be a procedure outlined in the plow manual telling how to adjust it... Don't just put the bolts thru the holes that make it go the highest, you need to be sure that the plow will scrape evenly in both scoop and vee positions or else you will have un-even edge wear.

I have heard of people switching the stock xtreme vee bump stops for the shorter ez vee stops, but I wouldn't recommend doing this because the frame can push against the hydraulic unit... It would probably void the warranty too if the plow is brand new.

Also, fyi... I have done all that is listed above, and when the plow is fully retracted the wings are only about 3" above the ground and they will scrape the ground when I make a fast turn or stop to quick... so I will just tap the scoop button a couple times and that will get the wings away from the ground.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012