1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New v box

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by plowking35, Dec 13, 2002.

1. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I picked up my new v box spreader on thursday. I went with the 1.5 yd Smith all stainless electric model. I have very good luck with the 5 yr old unit, 0 problems in that time, and I figured stay with a proven product. 3600.00 plus tax from Hartford Equipment. Decent guys to deal with.
    Dino

2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Good luck with it! I just posted on the other thread, not realizing you had already made your purchase. I think you made a wise decision.

3. plowking35

from SE CT

I already own one of them, I dont know why I was debating the issue. I think the 16" conveyor and Honda power had its high points. But in the end I went with the proven item, and since I bought my last one, I really dont see any changes, so things must be working. Like you said, one plug and you are all set to go.Plus they are light, only 650# so more room for payload.
    The only major advantage to the gas units, are that I can drop then in any truck and they are ready to go. I just drop the control box through the rear window and all set.
    Dino

4. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

The only thing that i like on some of the new ones is the ability to divert the sand comeing out the end to dump left over sand like the fisher one .I do like the electric my tailgate sander is nice and quiet at 2 am :) .

5. plowking35

from SE CT

What I did on my smith was to take the tube that slides onto the spinner shaft and its held in place by a bolt. I take the bolt out and replace it with a pin. That way when off loading left over material, I just pull the pin, and off come the tube and spinner.
    I unload the material, and then just slide the pin back in.
    very easy modification.
    Dino

6. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

dino, i did the same thing on my torwell sander. makes it so much easier to unload.