1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New/used truck

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by blksheep, Mar 4, 2010.

1. blksheep

blksheep Junior Member

Hello all,

I am considering purchasing a used 1991 F-350 Mason Dump 4x2. It has dual rear wheels, a 7.3l diesel, auto with a meyers plow set up on the front. The engine only has 56,000 miles on it and when I took it for a ride it shifted better than my 92 Chevy with a brand new tranny. It needs some cosmetic work like a dent pulled out on the drivers side door and a new passenger side door and fender where it looks like they were bent in together. He is asking $3750. It is an old county highway truck. It needs a little interior work but it is not that bad. The dump has some surface rust and two panels that that hang off the bottom of the dump on either side are somewhat rusted and may need to be replaced. I am going to use it as a plow truck in the winter with doing my in-laws business and some very long flat driveways. I also am going to use it do deliver mulch and such in the spring-fall time. This is only a small side business that I want to start. What are anyones opions one the purchase.

Thanks Ricky

2. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

too much money