1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new/used truck and plow and a plow swap

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by agurdo17, Jan 2, 2012.

1. agurdo17

agurdo17 Senior Member

ok so we just bought a 2000 f350 ford 7.3, 70000 miles with a 8.5ft EZV MM1 3 Plug System.
    We Payed 11500 from a dealer with a 60 day engine, transmission and 4 wheel drive warranty.

we already had a 2001 chevy 2500hd 6.0 120000 miles with a 7.5 MM1 3 plug system.

I just found a 9.5 EZV MM2 that i want to buy and put on the f350. I then want to move the 8.5 EZV from the ford to the chevy.

If i am correct i will need nothing to put the 9.5 on the ford and i will only need a controller and the one controller wire part of the wiring harness for the electrical to put the 8.5 on the Chevy.

The 9.5 comes with all the wiring and controler so in theory i should not have to buy anything but the plow correct?

New Truck.jpg

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Correct...and if you keep your straight blade you can run it off the same harness with just an adapter where the controller plugs in and of coarse your straight blade controller.....this is true on both trucks. A nice backup feature.

3. agurdo17

agurdo17 Senior Member

very good thanks for the reply..

mm2 has a faster pump than mm1 i believe?

He wants 4k for the plow but it is supposed to be 3 years old and only used one season. im thinking more like 3500 but dont really know what the ezv values are.

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

$4k is a bit high. You can buy a brand new 9.5' ExtremeV for $4500, that's you putting it together, the additional truck wiring & new controller. Just the plowside setup is $4047....food for thought. If it were me, I would be concrete at $3500, but would start at around $3k. That's if it really was only used for one season, and is in fact only 3 years old. Which I have a hard time beiliving because the ExtremeV was out 4 years ago....I'm not entirely sure when they stopped making the EzV, and there is always old stock to account for....but 3 years is stretching it I think.

The pumps are the same speed imo. They've used the same system for both the MM1 and the MM2 for EzV's.

5. agurdo17

agurdo17 Senior Member

are you considering that its a 9.5. Seems to be a lot harder to find them

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

Absolutely true, but the asking price is in the same range as a brand new 9.5' ExtremeV that IS much faster, and comes with a warranty....all I'm saying is $3500 is the absolute max that I would personally spend on it.