1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Used Trailer

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by whitegmc, Dec 13, 2011.

1. whitegmc

whitegmc Junior Member

Hey guys so I finally graduated to a big boy trailer. I sold my 6x14 tandem 8k lbs trailer and was looking for a 14k lbs equipment trailer. I sold mine for $1,050 and bought this one for $1000. It is an 18' overall length (14' flat & 4' dove tail). 14k lbs gvw good tires all LED lights a GIANT tongue jack adjustable pintle tongue ramps. good deck, full rub rails and stake pockets, it sounds like one of the drums is rubbing when hooked up, going to pull the tires off and go thru the axles. Guys with equipment trailers what have you done or what does your trailer have that mine is lacking what makes your life easier when using it? I am thinking I am going to weld a "headache" rack at the front of the trailer with 4" channel just to keep things from smashing into the tailgate. Maybe a winch for that just in case factor? I am also thinking of getting a spare tire and maybe welding a mount on the headache rack. Also going to pick up a tongue box to keep all my chains and tie downs. Overall the trailer is ready for work and I think I got a pretty good deal on it. What do you guys think?

first job...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

is that second pic at the gulf in foxboro ?

3. whitegmc

whitegmc Junior Member

haha excellent eyes! yeah I was on my way home from a job in Franklin last weekend.

4. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

Nice trailer btw

5. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

i think you stole that sounds like a really good deal

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Personally I wouldn't put a rack on the front of the trailer, you never know when you'll have that "thing" that needs just a little more room to fit! JMO though.

Nice trailer nonetheless certainly for a great deal, wish i could find a deal like that on a 18-20ft flat deck as my 16 footer is really pushing it with my tractor on it for length

7. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

hah yeah i get fuel there all time for work i live in north attleboro know the rt1 are very well as well as franklin.

8. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

That was a good find. Heavy trailers usually go for more.

9. dlstelma

dlstelma Member
    from GR, MI

trailer looks nice. would definitely add something to the front....for safety reasons, too. how about some more pictures of both the trailer and the truck??? truck looks sharp..would like to see the other views!!

10. Niteowl

Niteowl Junior Member

Nice find on the trailer! How bout some pictures of your truck?:redbounce

11. whitegmc

whitegmc Junior Member

Thanks guys, I'm very happy with the trailer so far. As for the truck its a 2006 GMC Sierra Denali its got the LQ9 6.0 and 4L65E in it. Its got 4" of lift 33's and 18x10 raceline renegade 6's rims, soon to have 325 65 R18 toyos. Also I am about to put a procharger on it (belt driven turbo basically) Shes a work horse haha
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

big improvement with the towing mirrors looks better

13. mossman381

Those are my favorite factory 20's. :)

14. JLsDmax

JLsDmax Senior Member

thats a great deal on that trailer. Love the truck too. congrats on the purchase

15. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

I built wooden sides for my equipment trailer that drop into the stake pockets. handy to have for loose things.

16. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

:confused:

Truck looks sweet. Getting toyo m/t's I hope? Thumbs Up

17. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a nice trailer, and thats a sick truck too. I want to get leather seats out of one of them trucks for my Fords. Yeah I know, mismatched, but I don't care lol.

18. mossman381

He had some pics of his truck with some 20's on it. A bunch of other posts have been deleted too. Whoever goes through these threads and cleans them up doesn't do a very good job.

19. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

nice rig and trailer, they are harder to come by for that price, you stole it!