1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New "used" set up

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by 1stchoicels, Mar 16, 2011.

1. 1stchoicels

1stchoicels Junior Member

Just picked up a used Meyers set up off craigslist. Paid $400 for the set up. The only thing missing is the actual truck mount that goes under the truck. BTW this is the custom classic plow. Is it hard to make a mount for my truck(1994 f150, used for driveways)?

Could i use something like this?
    http://img69.imageshack.us/i/83482533.png/
    what brand mount is this? Or am i better off just having a welder work me up one..

Currently tearing down the blade and a-frame to prep for stripping and repaint. Found out the E-47 bottom end had a hairline crack so gotta get a rebuilt one...

Pics to come...

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

3. 1stchoicels

Thanks Basher. I would love to switch to the EZ mount system but its $$$. I already have this kit and by looking at the Meyer drawings i'm missing the clevis and the 2 arms that bolt into the frame. Everything else i have ready to go. I'm having a hard time finding those parts for my 1994 F150. Is there another truck i could pick them off of? Chevy/Newer ford ect...? By looking at the clevis any welder would be able to make that, its the 2 arms I'm ify about. Anyone have any pics or measurement of them?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  4. 1stchoicels

[​IMG]

Pics of blade....

[​IMG]

Pics of mount set up

5. 1stchoicels

[​IMG]

This is the kit i have(sample pic).... I'm told it came off a 91 Bronco. I know the frames are alil but how much work will it take to make it work? I have to "make" the bottom bracket.... have everything else...

6. 1stchoicels

Update: I'm assuming its going to be too much working making the 91 and older meyers frame work on my 94. Found a ez mount for my truck for $240 shipped. Found a backup one on ebay for $100 shipped. Found the hoop for $200 shipped. Now should i powder coat them or just sand and hit w/ multi coats of Rustoleum?

P.S anyone looking for the lift frame for a F150/bronco(80-91) ?