1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new/used plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by FISHERMANXLS, Jan 20, 2009.

FISHERMANXLS Junior Member

just got my new/used plow put on my truck today and the low beam dont want to work. i was the one that put it on the truck a made sure that all the plugs where plugged in. its a 7.5 western uni mount. dose anyone know what the problem is. thanks:realmad:
  2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

probably bad relay. highs work? turn and marker work?

yeah everything else works just the low beams r not working. i thought that i could be the relay but just wanted to check and make sure thanks
  4. mrplow5885

mrplow5885 Junior Member

what kind of truck is it. i had this problem on a 94 ford explorer. the harness that western said was wrong. the ground in the loght harness was actually the low beam. i found this by using a test light on each wire.
  5. Kuzanut

Kuzanut Senior Member

Did the plow come off a truck of a different make? i recently discovered that going from Chevy to Dodge requires you to pull the wires out of the plug that connects to the black box and change there order.

came off the same make gmc to chevy but i found the problem the other day, the wires going into the back of the plug or the plug itself are loose. i had them all go out the other day and i went out and messed with the plug and now they work fine. also had plow lights and truck lights on at the same time. just think i need to get a new plug truck side. thanks for the info.