1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New/Used Lightbar on Dually

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Lawn Care Plus, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Lawn Care Plus

Lawn Care Plus Senior Member

Just installed the new/used Code3 Rotator light bar on the truck.

Soon we will install LED banks when they are finished.

2. Lawn Care Plus

3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Looks good- any particular reason why the full size lightbar?
  4. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

How much? shoulda just went led that makes the truck look old
  5. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

I don't like to criticize peoples work but those L brackets that the bar is bolted to looks like they will probably start to bend forward when you start plowing and stopping short into piles. I've been down that road before....
  6. Lawn Care Plus

Well the bar was a couple hundred bucks. I am also going to be piloting over size loads up and down the road when I am not plowing, so we wanted to have something that would be seen on the edges.

I hope the L brackets don't bend, we will see. The guy that helped install it, as a full strobe-LED bar-double decker, and he thought that it would be fine.

I would like to buy a Whelen Gaurdian strobe also. It was actually my first choice, but then thought that the larger bar would have more options.

And if it looks like it makes the truck look to old to you, I would rather you tell the truth. I can handle it.

7. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Looks pretty nice, sweet truck too! I like the lettering.
  8. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Nice truck and backrack. There doesnt look to be many options in that lp6000. I only see 2 rotators in there. Anyway nice setup
  9. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

The truck looks fantastic, but unfortunately I agree that the style of lightbar is old and looks out of place on such a nice truck... :cry:
  10. ondagawood

ondagawood Senior Member

I'm sorry I agree with Wicked500R - truck looks great but those brackets :confused:

Next time it might be worth it to buy the brackets that "Back-Rack" sells for mounting such lights, otherwise nice truck & nice lettering. :waving:
  11. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

I don't see anything wrong with a very nice lightbar that does its job exceptionally well and probably less costly than a full size LED. In terms of usage costs, maybe it is more & should have been upgraded, but for esthetics I think too many people get caught up in competing with the Joneses (and the Joneses are going down the financial dumper purchasing everything "new" or state of the art).
  12. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

nice how long did install take?
  13. Lawn Care Plus

Install was probably a total of 2.5 hours at a snails pace. We changed mirrors around, did a little wiring, etc. But I am not sure because I never kept track. I was picking up the bulbs & brackets (Which still need to be coated black up to the top of the rack.) and did some drilling of holes, etc.

14. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I didn't say there was anything wrong with the bar, just that it didn't match the lines of the truck!

I would agree with your theory about the Joneses, but you are mistaken on my point. If you read the equipment that I run, you will surely see that I don't try and match the Joneses. I didn't even mean anything about the power consumption of the bar and it's draw on the vehicles electrical system. What I meant is that the bar doesn't match the lines of the truck as nice as, say a low profile Whelen strobe or rotator bar. I didn't even think about the new LED bars! I could add another truck to my fleet with what one of those LED bars cost! I just think a lower profile light bar like the Whelen (or similar bar) is a more aesthetic looking bar that is more along the same streamlined look of the lines of the truck. These low profile bars are readily available used, and now with the LED bars out you might even find them brand new at bargain prices.

It is a gorgeous truck, and I just thought the bar is a little too "old and square" looking and detracts from the look of that beautiful machine.

PEACE OUT! xysport
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2007