1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New (used) F450 Dump Truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by espyj, Mar 14, 2011.

1. espyj

espyj Member

Couldn't pass up this deal! Truck came up for sealed bid at a local township. Truck has literally BARELY been used. 2002 F450 4x4 7.3 diesel. Truck has 85k original miles. They literally have every receipt and maintenance slip on this thing and its mint. They bought it brand new, and they've only used the truck for running errands. The plow has literally been used ONCE and the sander has never been used. It has central hydraulics for the dump and the sander (its a replacement tailgate sander). Plow is a Boss 8.2 V. My other truck has a Hiniker V, so I'm excited to see the difference between the two and see which I like better

So all I need to do is get the box repainted and my graphics on the truck and its ready for work!

Just one picture for now!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

She sure looks clean! That's pretty much what i'm looking for right there just in an F350! Nice truck!
  3. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Looks like a real clean truck. Im really interested in which plow you thinks better.
  4. espyj

espyj Member

The boss is heavier, no doubt, so I think they'll be nice for backdragging (I'm not happy with how the Hiniker backdrags). My #1 complaint about the Hiniker has been the mounting system. You need to push into something to get it to fully engage when hooking up. The Boss looks to be a better, quicker mounting system.
  5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck and plow. What did you end up getting it for?
  6. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

Sweet truck, never seen a town around my parts get rid of a truck in that good of shape, they don't get pulled off the street until they can't make it back on the street on there own. Great find and good luck
  7. TremblaySNOW

TremblaySNOW Senior Member

nice how much did you pay for it?
  8. 94chevy2500

94chevy2500 Senior Member

nice looking truck you should see how much a boss dealer would give you for that plow and trade it in for the 9'2" v its weird they put an 8 on it around here im pritty sure the town wont have any 1 ton without a 9 foot plow
  9. espyj

espyj Member

Paid $17k for the whole package. Similar trucks around here are selling at about $25k.

It is a 9'2" V.

You wouldn't believe it, but all they did was buy a new 2011 F450. Equipped identical. $65k out the door with all of the equipment. My tax dollars hard at work.
  10. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

That is the deal of the century right there. GREAT BUY:salute::salute::salute:
  11. 94chevy2500

94chevy2500 Senior Member

oh sorry the original post said it is a 8'2" V

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Right in my own backyard and I didnt even know it was going on nice buy. I am jealous.
  13. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck! Great purchase.
  14. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice truck and plow. You also got a great deal on it.
  15. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck and what a deal

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

you got a great deal on that truck
  17. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

That is a great deal
  18. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

An F series... come on Mike... say it ain't so!
  19. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

the truck is gonna make you some money. nice buy and a 7.3
  20. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Nice buy....that is one deal you just find the money for. The sides on the dump fold down too. Kudo's!Thumbs Up