1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New /used Chevy 2000

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ACA L&L, Dec 14, 2011.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Just picked this beauty up, shes a 2000 chevy 2500 4x4
    it was super dirty on the inside, needed a starter, tires are decent, but new are on order.........new HID lights, complete fluids/filters changed, needs plugs, thinking about the snowdogg...............was wondering if the MD series or the HD series, Reason for MD was that we dont get big snow here maybe a few inches a few times a year, and the truck mis no spring chicken in the front end........Buyers has already said they have a mount for the 2500 GM for the MD model........gimme some feedback.

2000 chevy truck 010.jpg

2. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

pics are not working....

3. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

maybe now...?

4. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

got one

2000 chevy truck 009.jpg

5. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

another one..

2000 chevy truck 007.jpg

6. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Dont really have any advice for plow, but nice truck! Almost a twin to mine, but yours looks better. Find anything that works real good for cleaning the rough dash surfaces?

7. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Got lucky on this truck they were asking 4800, after i drove it and made a list of repairs I offered them 3k and they accepted a few days later.......has 100000, 4wd works good, needs about $1500 more of frontend repairs and small other things, but it was so dirty on the inside and undercarriage, it took me an entire day to get 80% of the dirt gone, i came across some vinyl plastic cleaner that works really good, soap and water for the first ru threw, then the cleaner folwed by a paint brush to get the cracks......the diffrence was huge, i installed the lights, cleaned the lenses......and all the usual stuff, i want a light plow on it as this truck will mainly be the second rounder, cleaning up lots and so forth. Im a chevy man threw and threw, but when dodge offers you a bumper to bumper for 100k with 8k in rebates/discounts and they took all 3 trucks in on a trade for two new 2500 trucks, I could not resist. Im thinking ill just get the HD7.5 snowdogg, but really want a lighter plow for this truck, im torn, but need to make a choice tonight so i can order one or the other and get it installed.......The only downside of this truck seems to be when im fitting the new plow, they have alot of choices K2500 classic/(Sierra)(which I dont have) K2500 GMT(which I think is just GM TRuck) But have no idea, im downloading frame specs and pics to determine which one I have, still dont really know. Im guessing I have the K2500 classic( which I suppose refers to the body style) its the older body style not the newer style. Anyone give me a heads up as to which truck model this is would be kool.....

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  8. bizzo15

bizzo15 Senior Member

It's definitely the classic k2500

9. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

Def the classic...454 or 350??

10. bizzo15

bizzo15 Senior Member

I hope for his sake the 350, every 454 I've seen has been a straight gas hog, although I'd love to say I had a big block under the hood.

11. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

:) Its the 454.......still runs strong

12. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

I have over 200,000 on mine, rebuilt at 193 i believe it was...treat it right and it will love you back!

13. Grotonems5

Grotonems5 Member
    from Vermont

nice rig! Twin to my 3500 but much cleaner!

14. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

I bought a similar truck over the summer...'99 K2500 454 with 100k on it. Very strong trucks indeed! Looks like you hooked yourself a nice one! I had a SnowDogg a few years ago when they first came out, it was OK I wasn't all that impressed by it. a Buddy of mine had a couple plows and a spreader from them and actually ended up getting them to buy it all back cuz of the issues he had. Personally, I would get a Boss if you have a dealer near you. Thats what I have on both of my trucks and I love them.

15. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

No boss dealer, we have Meyer, Western,Snowdogg in town and all of them charge outrageous prices.
    I travel to Colorado springs to get plows installed at Layton. One dealer here wanted to charge me $5900 for the MD Snowdogg(layton will ship me a MD for $3100 or the HD for $3400........he wanted $6500 for the Western pro Plow we put on the dodge!! Layton Charged us $5100 out the door installed. the meyer dealer wants $6500 for the Lot pro installed plus tax! The sad part is people pay these prices, I love to jump in the truck load the wife up and take a weekend trip up to Colorado, last year we dropped the truck off rented a car and took in a Denver broncos game, enjoyed Denver and picked the truck up Monday afternoon and came back, Saved thousands! Im leaning towards the snowdogg, the price is right, and needing to get it done fast and as cheap as possible, were gonna install it ourselves........ Oh and the dealer here with the Snowdogg has a 3 week waiting list, for an extra 5 bills he can get me in two weeks! Unbelivable......My buddy just paid him 2k for a mount and a wiring harnes for a 2006 dodge, picked up, Then he paid almost $2800 for a salt dogg spreader that sells online for around $1500! I kept telling him to just google what yoiu want and you will save big bucks, In one ear out the other.......will post pics once we get something on her......