1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New use for snow blower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by qualitycut, Dec 19, 2008.

1. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

2. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

You think that's creative, you should have hung around and watched a 48" riding snowthrower load 28.13 tonnes of salt into the salt bin in a hour and 23 minutes

3. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

And I use my to w/b blower to dry my hair

4. Scott13136

Scott13136 Member

just make sure they are dry. Known a guy to do this for years.

5. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I often wondered if I could do this... make a wooden fixture that the dump drops on to sloping down into the auger... point the output into the bunker. It would stack right to the roof....

6. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

did yo guys watch that modified snow blower...amazing..toro needs to contact that guy

7. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

where is the video of this?????

8. heather lawn spray

We thought a video would have been appropriate about half way through, it was slick.

28.13 tonnes in the driveway. one hour and 35 later stored in the 2 car garage with 6.5 foot head space doorway. piled to 8 feet at the back. Baby Bobcat pick up from driveway. dumps in front of snowthrower. snowthrower fires it 8 feet high to the back of bin. repeat 500 lbs at a time until complete. about one minute a cycle timing

9. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I was a little concerned about breaking the blower.

10. heather lawn spray

. . . and the other night it turned in a 13 hour snowthrower session in 21 cm's of snow. tough little machine