1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New ultramount-uni conversion on 2010 f250-----no power?????

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by whitegold11, Nov 2, 2011.

1. whitegold11

whitegold11 Junior Member

I just installed a new ultramount setup on my 2010 f250 .Very simple install.I went over the wiring 10 times already and everything is where it should be.Kind of hard to mess up when just about everything is plug in but im not getting any power at the remote in the cab.When i jump the solenoid i get 1 pin out of the female plug(the one with the smaller pins out of the 3 plugs to the blade) that has power and i hear a clicking from the module when i touch it? The control doesnt light up at all, even tried to jump the red wire out to a direct hot and nothing?Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The plow must be plugged into the truck for the controller to power up.
  3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

If the plow headlights are plugged in then that should activate the controls. There are four things I would check first.

1. check that you have the red ignition wire from the control harness under the dash connected to a good 12V ignition activated source. Connect a test light to it and verify it is nice and bright.

2. go to the solenoid / power relay and make sure you have the small wire with the large loop connected to the hot side of the big terminals and not to the output side. Again, use a test light.

3. check the two fuses near the isolation module plugs. One of these fuses is for park / turn on the plow but the other is for control power. Both fuses should be hot all the time on both sides. These get their power from the large ring terminal at the solenoid / relay I mention in step 3.

4. check the ground quick disconnects, there will be one between the solenoid / relay harness and the main battery ground cable and another one between harnesses at the isolation module.

These are the most common things I find people overlook when they call with this sort of problem.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  4. whitegold11

whitegold11 Junior Member

Got it going.Didnt realize I needed to have the lights plugged in for everything to work.I didnt have the light wiring kit when I tried to move the plow.New light harness installed and Im good to go.Thanks for the info.