1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New twist for me..

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Sep 20, 2006.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

This business wants me to bid the snowplowing this year (no big deal).Get this if I was to get this place I might have to get out the truck and shovel!:eek: This would be a first for me in 20 years of plowing so we'll see what happens.
  2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

shovel? thats what you use when you get stuck plowing right. you need to dig yourself out somehow. :)
  3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

WTF is a shovel? :confused:
  4. grandview

Thanks what I thought. Does anyone have a picture of this thing called a "shovel"?
  5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Be very careful l!!!!!

A shovel = work:waving:
  6. grandview

Thats why I keep my doors locked on the truck when plowing.:D
  7. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

a shovel? Is that the thing my kids use for their fort building?
  8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Here's another thread on the subject from a couple years ago. On the first page, note my post and the replies of "Sirsweatsalot" (you can figure out what was deleted) and "yzal". I don't get slammed a lot on PlowSite, but yzal did a pretty good job of it.

9. go plow

go plow Senior Member

this year a select few will be dropped because of it.... last year i got the ol {well seeing that there wasnt alot of snow can you shovel a path around the house for me?) HUH NO!!! did you need to get around back for something? no- but you didnt plow much!!! or the old can you shovel a path to the garden shed. WELL, MRS. SO&SO did you need to get anything out of it? i can get it for you.. oh never mind its ok!!! .wtf... i usually shovel for the elderly only, you never know it they need a ride the white bus in the middle of the night, then when you dont do it for them or it doesnt snow over 4 inches they expect you to do more...... ive done this for many years and last year after it snowed it took me a few days to get over the back pain... this year... im thinking of myself and not others as much!!!
  10. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I've got 2 small accounts that expect shoveling. I'm going to be short handed this year so I am seriously considering dumping them. I hate to because that is how I built this business was by "never saying NO". That would be my wifes quote when she's mad at me about snow removal. Both accounts are very tight quartered and rough on the equiptment. I guess that I will decide when I send out letters and contracts.