1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New TryNex Salter

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Andy N., Sep 26, 2002.

1. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

Anyone seen their new spreader. It is an insert spreader with a 1.5 yd capacity. It is made of some kind of plastic. All electric, no gas engine to putz with. It only weighs 400 lbs! Nice in cab controls etc. Has anyone considered this thing yet?

2. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

I saw a black and white photo. It is made of poly, similar to tailgate spreaders and poly plowboards. I think it looks like a great option, especially if it weighs only 400 lbs!

There is an 8000 (8') for regular bed and a 6000 (6') for short bed trucks. The price I have are $2999 and $2799, respectively. That is about $100 less than the same company wants for a 2 yard Hiniker with 10.5 briggs. The poly gives us yet another option other than mild steel and stainless.

3. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

was that price for the salter and install or just for the salter? The price I have is around $4,000 for the salter and install. I would be interested to know so that I can maybe swing a deal with them. Let me know!

4. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

Those prices are uninstalled, but the $1100 difference is substantial. You could drive to Illinois and get it installed and be further ahead. (I'm (Half)-joking!)

I'd shop prices a bit. I can't imagine installation would take more than half a day. A day max for someone who has not done one before. I'd prefer to have it installed by someone who does them for a living, but for $1100, I could buy an awful lot of trial and error. :p

5. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

They're quite impressive, and I'm looking quite seriously at one, also their 2 stage tailgate is quite neat, as you can also vary the auger and spinner speed separatly.

Bill

6. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Most shops around here can install a spreader in a couple hours. Maybe an hour for wiring and another hour to set spreader, install chute, grease and get running.

Took me 2 hours last year for my new spreader. I can't imagine taking more time unless tie downs need to be added or something. Even then only a little more time.

7. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Just got an install price of $3036.00 not including tax. I am also seriously considering this item but have a concern about a 1st year release and the electic motor. Has anyone actually seen this V box? They say there is a floor stand that allow two people to just tip the box and pull it out of the bed too. Anyone believe this?:eek

8. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

It only took me a few hours to transfer my V box from one truck to another. The most time consuming part is connecting the harness to the truck. A cakewalk!.

9. Brickman

Brickman Senior Member

Do a search on google.com. There are several web sites there.

10. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

I have seen the spreader, but it really isn't a V Box. It has a unique design.

There is really nothing to go wrong with the spreader from what I saw. I would not be concerned about being it's first year. This isn't precision machinery. The mechanics are pretty basic. A motor, a vibrator, some gravity and a spinner.

I'd shop that price, for sure! Good luck.

11. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

Only place I found that had prices on the net for this spreader.

Click Here

12. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

13. nsmilligan

Just bought a new 1875 Sand pro to replace my Fisher 110 tailgate unit, as I was having a few problems with the flow of magic salt through it, and of course sand was out of the question.
    So far I'm happy with the quality, workmanship, etc, just waiting for snow to see how it works

Bill

14. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Well, I took a chance and had the Vee Pro 800o installed yesterday. It does not look like a V box at all. Hard to really, the auger sits right at the end of the unit at the chute where it is the only place it actually looks like a V box. The front end of the box is only about 18" tall and slope down toward the rear. No long auger, inverted V, chain, gears, and most of all no gasing up in the weather. It does look great but I question the 1.5 cu. yd capicity. I will know real soon I hope and I will be sure to keep you all updated. I'll work on getting some pictures. Great thing is the truck is hardly even squating at all with only 400 pounds in the bed empty.

15. nsmilligan

Put about a ton of salt throught the 1875 last nite, works great.

It's going to take a little getting use to the delay in start-up, the electronic control, hestitates for a few seconds, and brings the auger and spinner to full speed, then settles down to the preselected speeds, and the vibrator really helps with wet product.

Bill

16. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

does trynex have a web site or a number.i wanna find a dealer in my area and learn some more about them

17. nsmilligan

Just to update

So far the unit has spread only a ton or so of sand, and about 3 tons of magic salt. I'm impressed so far, and I like the controls, and it does a great job of spreading both. Only complain is the electrical plug is easily knocked off, backing into snow etc, so I'm going to relocate it, higher behind the unit

Bill

18. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

I have installed 4 v8000 and so far only one pblem with the chute in rear otherwise a nice unit.:waving:

19. CWE71

CWE71 Junior Member
    from KANSAS

What is the problem you have had with the rear chute ? We have a new 8000 installed in a truck that we have not used yet . We would like to know a little more about it before use it .

20. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

I was up at the dealer yesterday putting in my order for an 8000 and I looked at the chute was questioning the durability of it. They said that Trynex already addressed the problem and there is a recall fix for it available. Your dealer should know about it, if not, give them the heads up because the fix should be out soon.