1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New trucks and tri-axle

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mullis56, Mar 17, 2011.

1. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

We added 2x 2008, 3500hd Chevy Duramax/Allison's Z71 4x4, they will be getting 9'2" Boss VXT before next winter. Here is one of them they are twins.

[​IMG]

Also just picked up this KW tri-axle that has a conveyor for our salt bins.

[​IMG]

2. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

what year is the k whopper? looks good. Has the live bottom floor?

3. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Very nice additions. Congrats!

4. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Lookin Good!!!!!!!!

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice...........

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice K-Whopper and nice Cevys. Is Maine the only place where people call Kenworths K-Whoppers?

7. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Thanks guys!

8. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

Awesome additions, What motor/trans/rears in the KW? Looks pretty good from what i can see.

Nope I've heard them called that down here in PA.

9. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

Mercer- I went to visit family in new hampshire one time and had made a comment about a KW and called it a k-whopper and they were like theres a burger king just out of town...funny as hell....

10. mercer_me

LOL That's Funny :laughing:

11. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

I drove one of those for a summer. I love it. the one a drove had a 425 cat with an 8ll eaton trans. Friggin thing was a battle tank. only thing that sucks is u can put your right arm out and just about touch the passenger side door. but looked cool. sounded great. Would really like to have one of my own someday...

12. mercer_me

8ll is a great transmition. I'm a Ford L series guy my self. Kenworth seams to makes a nice truck. But, like you said the cabs are wicked narrow.

13. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

o for sure. i drive a ltl900. those are some pretty nice trucks when they are dressed up. the only thing that i dont like about the fords are the seats dont go back far enough. or atleast in the one that i drove i felt like the damn steering wheel was in my stomach. good tuff trucks though. how far north are u mercer?

14. mercer_me

I'm in Mercer wich is between Farmington and Skowheagan. RT. 2 gos rite through Mercer.

15. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Cummins 370, 8 LL, the engine is the mid-range size motor.

16. comeeonn

comeeonn Senior Member

i was really worried for a bit that you were going to say a cat motor, but since it has a cummins, nice truck!

17. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

Shame it's not a C-12 or 15, and i'm guessing thats a M-11? or N-14

18. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Very nice additions to the fleet

19. mercer_me

A hummin Cummins with an 8LL transmition sounds like a good combo to me. Them 8LL transmitions are great in dump trucks IMO.

20. tuna

tuna Senior Member

8LL is pretty much the standard in most dumps now.I`ve driven a lot of them over the years though now I am driving a 2010 Mack Granite with a 10 speed Maxi-Torque.