1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truckcraft TC160

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by KCAPXIS, Nov 15, 2006.

1. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

Picked up my new spreader today & started the install process.

1115061456.jpg

1115061456a.jpg

2. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

what kind of box is that on your truck??

3. HouseHitter

HouseHitter Junior Member
    from zone 4

man that's a nice set up

4. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

That's awesome! Looks like a very involved install, though.

5. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

9 foot box from Rugby, ele/hydro lift, works a little slow, so we install 2 vibrators to the under side, I have about a 4 inch space between the spreader and the bed, well have to install something to bridge this gap. should have it all installed tomorrow, and then i'll update the photos,

6. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

EZ install appx 1 hour and the spreader was attached to bed, the wiring harness comes all made up from Truckcraft,, well have 2-3 hours in that, total less than 4 hrs. ( Josh is installing everything, I just helped to pick up the heavy end.)

7. Edgewater

Edgewater Member

KCAPXIS,

I see that yu have a B21 what is involved in changing from the hoe to the blower. Do you fing that the unit has enough power for heavy snowfalls?

Thanks

adam

8. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

B 21

The back hoe on this machine comes off in under 60 sec... and then the 3 pt hitch is exposed, hookup is your standard 3pt, as for power? its lacking, no problems blowing virgin snow , but we used it to stack snow when the piles got so high that a loader could not stack any higher,

9. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

nice spreader its stainless isnt it

10. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

Every thing is either stainless or aluminum right down to the floor mount for the controler

11. RSK

RSK Senior Member

Did you ever get to use the spreader yet? were in pa are you at i am in irwin pa
    nice to see some one from pa on here