1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truckcraft tc-160 spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Thebosssnowplow, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Thebosssnowplow

Thebosssnowplow Member
    from pa

TruckCraft Corporation

5751 Molly Pitcher Highway S.
    Chambersburg, Pa. 17201

TC-160 LIGHTNING
    UNDERTAILGATE SALT
    SPREADER
    SALES INFORMATION RELEASE

August 25, 2006

For immediate release

TruckCraft’s all NEW TC-160 LIGHTNING
    electric undertailgate salt spreader for one-ton dump
    trucks requires no hydraulic system, and is constucted of structural aluminum and stainless
    steel for corrosion resistance and durability

TruckCraft’s ALL NEW TC-160 LIGHTNING all electric undertailgate salt spreader provides
    excellent road clearance & the convenience of using electric power from the truck’s existing
    electrical system

Key Features:

¾ HP auger drive spreads 15,000 lbs of economical bulk material per hour*

12V electric drive uses simple battery connection to truck electrical system* – requires no
    hydraulic system

Bolt-on kit installs completely on any one-ton in 8 hours, includes all hardware & wiring

T6 extruded aluminum housing, all stainless auger, spinner and hardware

Spinner is driven with a direct-coupled right angle gearbox/motor combination to provide
    road-clearance on low-mounted dump bodies

Spinner motor is frame 31S, double-sealed, stainless shaft , epoxy coated, wash-down
    grade, and enclosed in it’s own protective housing

Installed unit weighs 275 lbs

New-design electronic control unit provides up to 100 combined amps to motors

Heavy duty electrical connectors withstand harsh environment & off-road applications

TruckCraft Corporation

5751 Molly Pitcher Highway S.
    Chambersburg, Pa. 17201

Auger uses efficient in-line helical gear reducer to deliver 98% of input power - worm-types
    only 72% efficient -28% waste in heat loss (3/4 hp in, ½ out)

Auger uses industrial in-line helical 56:1 gear reducer & ¾ HP motor to provide 56 auger
    RPM @ 12 Volts DC

Auto-level spinner needs no external linkage

Stainless steel auger & spinner for durability

Left over salt can be emptied over top of TC-160 by closing lid

Low maintenance, chemical industry auger bearings

In-cab, backlit electronic control provides independently variable spinner and auger speeds

Spreads any free-flowing material up to ¾” diameter

Mounting hardware included to fit virtually any one-ton dump truck

Eight hour installation, then on & off in ten minutes with QD harness & pull-pin ease

New design electronic control unit has built in diagnostic capability

New design electronic control unit provides real-time electrical status readout so operator
    can monitor vehicle electrical system

One year factory warranty

Available in a variety of widths - 96” std., & 88” for narrow bodies

Kit provides all components, adapters, hardware, controller and wiring harnesses
    *100 amp max amps requirement – 150 AMP alternator recommended for 15,000# output

TC-160 UT PR 8_23_06.doc

2. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Sounds good wernt you just talking about that in another thread....Any pics available?

3. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

I was looking @ the downeaster electric tailgate spreader for my one ton, Not even in production yet ????? 6 weeks out, and I am looking at the Truck craft TC 130, List price of $5356.00, what is the real price ??? and now I see there is a 160, looks very very smart! so what is the price on this one???

4. Thebosssnowplow

Thebosssnowplow Member
    from pa

You want the tc 130 in your case. The tc 160 is an under tailgate model for large trucks. It eliminates the need for central hyd. The cost on a tc 130 should be about 4400 and change. Its something that will last a long time. There is not one bit of steel on it. Good Luck

5. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

the TC 160 is for "Virtually any one-ton dump body" as per the Truck Craft web site,

Here is my question; who has one in stock? and how much $ ??

6. bank32

bank32 Member

pics & a price

7. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

what is the price ??

8. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Try Central Parts Warehouse. I bought my TruckCraft from them. They were the cheapest delivered by far. Very easy to deal with.

9. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

So why would you pay double for the Truckcraft when the Downeaster unit works flawlessly and has NO contol box that site outside in the weather? Because it is six weeks out???

10. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Double? How much is the Downeaster? What were you trying to say about the control box?

11. 4evergreenlawns

Downeaster Speader is $2,700.00 and the Truckcraft Spreaded were previously plauged with controll box failure. That was two seasons ago with I was shopping the unit and went with Downeaster. My experience with the Downeaster dumps and spreadered to date has been flawless not one time have I been left without being able to get the job done summer or winter.

I can tell you I ordered both of my Dump inserts and Spreaders in Mid October two years running. Get them shipped from Maine to Chicago all said and done for $5,200. Dump insert, cab guard, Spreader. Bill Smith at Downeaster put me on the list for production before the line was started up and they were delivered 1st week in November both times.

Not saying the Truckcraft unit is not quaility. Just know what others that owned them stated and what my personal experience is to date. Showed that change I will be sure to share.

12. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Can you shoot me some contact info? I'm very interested.

13. 4evergreenlawns

Brian,

Contact Bill Smith, Costal Metal Fab, (MFG for Downeaster) 207 729-5101.

I have owned VEEPRO8000, Swenson 8' V box w/Honda engine. Now I own the two Downeaster units. If youhave any Q's please let me know.

Ron G

14. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

I called. Bill is out of town for a couple of weeks and the guy I spoke to is an idiot. Could not answer 1/2 my questions and when I asked why I should buy his product and not Truck Craft, he said who's Truck Craft? Amazing.