1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New truck :}

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rob_cook2001, Nov 21, 2009.

1. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

We just got my little brothers new truck back from having the plow installed. He has never plowed with a truck but said he would rather run a truck all night than a skid. Still need to install the 2.5 inch leveling kit and I am going to put 800lbs against the tailgate, do you guys think that will be enough??
    09 F-350 6.4, auto, manual T-case, 40/20/40 cloth seats.
    Boss superduty 8.5 ( a little big but I think it should work fine for large lots)
    Robert

101_0025.JPG

101_0026.jpg

101_0030.jpg

2. rob_cook2001

One more guys.

101_0033.jpg

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Welcome to the Ford/Boss club.

4. rob_cook2001

Thanks, I have been in the ford club since I started Driving. So far I really like this plow. Probably will be selling my Bobcat plow for my skid and buying a 9ft Boss with wings. I know a pusher will move more snow but I love the versality of a plow and think I should be able to move almost as much snow with the 9ft and wings.
    Also do you guys think we would be ok with pro wings or are the boss wings really worth the $650?
    Thanks
    Robert

5. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Hey that looks good.
    Why did you say 8'5 is a little big?

6. rob_cook2001

Most guys around here only run 7.5's or 8's on SRW trucks. It's really not to big.

7. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Oh I understand. Its a Ford, so of course it can handle it :salute:
    Good luck. Its a gas engine right?

8. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

great choice man !!!!!! 8.5 looks perfect on his truck :D

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We've ran 9ft and bigger on our trucks since 78, can't figure out why so many Americans run small blades. Nice truck and blade.

10. rob_cook2001

No gas burners here, 6.4 diesel and 5r110 trans :)

11. rob_cook2001

Well I like big blades to :}

12. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

JD, I think 8 ft plow sounds better then a 2.44 meter plow:laughing:

13. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

i don't get it either. we run 8'4" on our quarter pounder's (toyotas). that truck will push 8'6" all day long no problem.

14. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Throw a set of wings on her!! I am getting ready to add a set to one of mine!

Bossman

15. wdcs1

wdcs1 Member

looks good. can't beat ford tough

16. rob_cook2001

We will be putting wings on in the next week. I just don't know if we should spend the coin on Boss wings or just get a set of pro wings.
    Robert

17. fairrpe86

fairrpe86 Senior Member

For what its worth, none of our straight blade boss plows have boss wings on them. We have bought all of our plows from Horizon down here in the Denver area and whatever the orange wings they put on their plows is what we use on our plows. We have one plow with the boss wings, but that is a 9'2 V plow.

18. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Nice...

The orange wings are called "snow-wings"

19. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks great. I wish I would have put an 8 1/2" on mine instead of the 8' but it does the job with wings.

20. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Be prepared, he'll probaly want the skid back mid-winter. I plowed with trucks for enough years to know I'd rather not get back into one. The only other equip. I would want to get into would probably be a wheel loader.

Rob, all your equipment looks great BTW.

PS, I've never used the Boss wings, only the cheap Pro-wings. But, when I built the new plow for my skid, I built it with curved/contoured wings that match the plow. I can tell you first hand that curved wings will promote the snow to roll FAR more than the flat pro-wings. It's very easy to see the difference when in a skid due to the excellent line of sight. Some people think it doesn't matter, but when you're limited to 12MPH, you need all the help you can get to keep the snow rolling. :nod: