1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 06HD BOSS, Mar 5, 2009.

1. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

I took the plung and joined the powersmoke family. I bought a 2006 f350 with 28,000 miles and in mint condition. Its a 1 owner truck, registered personally before. The interior is mint, the body is mint, tires and brakes are brand new, theres no rust anywhere. Its got the the factory aux switches and brake controller, which in my mind is worth a lot. Its one of the cleanest trucks that ive looked at over the past 6 months or so.

As some of you know ive been looking for a dump for a while now. Mostly everything i looked at was junk, all beat up and rusty bodies. Or the guys owed more money on the title than the truck was worth and they all needed me to front the money for the title, i dont do stuff like that.

This truck was listed forsale back in Dec for $32,000, last month they dropped the price to $24,000 and thats when i went to look at it, made them an offer significantly lower than the sticker price, they said "no cant do it", so i politely left and drove back home. Its been about 4 weeks since i looked at it and the dealer called a couple times to see if i was still interested and i told him yes, but not for his price. So a few days ago the dealer calls and says they wanna sell the truck to me...for my price. And the rest is history.

These pics are of it on the lot, ill get some of it in my yard once i wash the salt off.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Very nice clean truck 06. Do you still have your HD then or did you sell that? If ya don't mind me asking what did you get it for?
  3. 06HD BOSS

Thanks man, yeah im keeping my Chevy, i dont wanna drive a dump everywhere. As for the price, take about 10% off the asking price and thats where i was.
  4. crossboneracing

crossboneracing Senior Member

Nice lookin truck! Might I ask what you ened up with it for?
  5. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

sharp truck
    good luck and enjoy it... make sure to beat on it a little or your egr is going to cause you big headaches
  6. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

06 bought a Ford cause his buddy Enzo had one! :p

Its a beauty Dave, congrats! :salute:
  7. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Dave the truck looks great...congrats buddy:drinkup:
  8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Did you give them a new price that you would take the truck for?
  9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

what made you go buy a powerchoker? lol so which one do you like now the ford or gm?
  10. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

That looks like a real nice truck. Sounds like you got a good deal on it. What kind of plow are you putting on there?
  11. 06HD BOSS

Thanks, Actually i bought one cuz my buddy Cre had one. :cool:

I told them if they wanted the truck off the lot they would have to pay me ;)

its the nicest truck i looked at, the 13kGVW is a benefit over the GM's plus the ford front end will hold a large red Boss blade better. the Chevy 3500 likes doing nose dives.

Thanks man, Nothing this year, more than likely a 9'2 VXT for next year.
  12. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Nice truck, good luck with it
  13. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

good luck with the 6.0 you gonna light it up
  14. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Tru....we kno how that sh*t goes
  15. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

First 06 and Enzo had matching bath towels ,now trucks,humm anything you want to tell us?:confused:
  16. 06HD BOSS

dont be jealous that i came back to plowsite in time to win another FF contest :D
    the only thing that matches is the blue emblem on the grille. lol
  17. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

me and a friend got into a fight about this. he insists that chevy and gmc's do not squat under a load. I got they squat without a load on them lol. I dont care if it is a 1500, 2500, and 3500 they all do. atleast fords dont and they can hold a lot more weight and take a lot more stress on the front end.
  18. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck. Good luck with it.
  19. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

beautiful rig man, congrats :drinkup:
  20. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

The Boss dealer here in town has the same truck (gasser though) and has a 9'2" VXT on it and it looks real sharp. He said it plows real nice too.

You got a good deal there on a great truck. Congrats! Be sure to show pics of the VXT when you get it. Shop around this spring, you'll probably be able to find a much better deal in the spring rather than waiting for next fall.